The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Alloy Wheel Blemish

Jellybean

Hi

Just noticed a Blemish on my alloy (would post a pic but cable is in work)

I treid everything Meguiars have, AutoSol, autoglym Polish

Anybody have any suggestions? the Wheels are Volk GTC and only about 15 months old so wouldnt expect this because they are $$$

thanks

http://file049a.bebo.com/4/large/2009/07/01/07/20295479a11139321398l.jpg

Edited by Jellybean (see edit history)

A blemish on the polished lip or the painted inner section?

Be very careful if you use an abrasive polish on the shiny lip as it's so easy to polish through it , I did just that so easily with a little T-cut. :(

polished lip, looks like a water mark/ scuff mark

Looks like youve marked the laquer so not much you can do other than carefully try to polish it out, t cuts not a good idea nor anything else with a heavy cutting compound, i have had sucess with 2000 wet & dry paper but you have to be carefull then polish after,,,, have you got a better pic ?

Looks like youve marked the laquer so not much you can do other than carefully try to polish it out, t cuts not a good idea nor anything else with a heavy cutting compound, i have had sucess with 2000 wet & dry paper but you have to be carefull then polish after,,,, have you got a better pic ?

I will get a better pic tonight, thanks for the help on this

I've had a few marks just like this and the car polish and wax works fine, I wouldn't use any fine wet and dry on these wheels as the finish is so delicate.

I treid everything Meguiars have, AutoSol, autoglym Polish, Chemical Guys Wheel Guard

Did your mark just come out over time or am I missing something :search:

Have you tried Brasso? Depending ont he hardness and quality of your lacquer you could try it to see what happens. I used it before for water marks on Racing Harts but RH's lacquer is very very good.

Thanks Might try that next, used AutoSol and no luck

they are Volk Wheels so I say the Laquer is good quality

Im guessing it was wonder wheels or something similar that you used? horrible horrible stuff

As others have suggested you should be able to get it right, just be careful with how harsh a compund you use. You may also find that this area of the wheel will be prone to future issues, especially in salty weather so you will need to keep on top of them. Once you get them sorted get yourself a good wheel sealant on like Poor Boys Wheel Sealant, 3 coats would be great. it will protect them very well.

And for future cleaning i can recommend Bilberry wheel cleaner. It is completely acid free and also great at removing baked on brake dust.

I've had a few marks just like this and the car polish and wax works fine, I wouldn't use any fine wet and dry on these wheels as the finish is so delicate.

Well it worked on my wheels with exactly the same polished lip finish, ive blocked lots of cars clearcoats to get a blemish free finish so if its laquered the same then dont see a problem as long as long as your carefull, if you go through the laquer though your screwed.

Obviously try everything else 1st and if it will just polish out with something less abrasive then great.

When youve wet cut the area you'll still need to get the polish out to bring it back from looking dull.

Im guessing it was wonder wheels or something similar that you used? horrible horrible stuff

As others have suggested you should be able to get it right, just be careful with how harsh a compund you use. You may also find that this area of the wheel will be prone to future issues, especially in salty weather so you will need to keep on top of them. Once you get them sorted get yourself a good wheel sealant on like Poor Boys Wheel Sealant, 3 coats would be great. it will protect them very well.

And for future cleaning i can recommend Bilberry wheel cleaner. It is completely acid free and also great at removing baked on brake dust.

Where do you get your Bilberry wheel cleaner from ?