The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Looking For A UK SPec Car

Guest Essex_RS

Guest Essex_RS

Alright guys, looking for a pukka UK spec car to purchase in April!!

- Whey! Finally got myself there! - ANy advice??!! I looked at a couple of imports , but the insurance is so much more?!

Is it the GZ or RZ which is pretty similar to the UK version?

Cheers in advance

Essex_RS :D

Originally posted by Essex_RS

I looked at a couple of imports , but the insurance is so much more?!

Is it really all that much more?

A young guy in my office is looking to get a Supra, he's about 22 I guess and his insurance quote is £400 more for an import. Not all that much in the scheme of things.

For £400 I'd rather have my pick of low milage import Supras rather than being restricted to high milage UK spec ones.

Guest Essex_RS

I like the UK cars, but I am worried about the milage. ARe the engine bullet proof or am I going to have issues with a car thats done nearly 100K?

I got quoted 650.00 more for an import. Dont they rust more or have less bodywork protection on than the uk cars?

Imports look nice. Who would anyone recommend for imports?

Regards

Essex_RS

(Mark)

I like the UK cars, but I am worried about the milage. ARe the engine bullet proof or am I going to have issues with a car thats done nearly 100K?

I got quoted 650.00 more for an import. Dont they rust more or have less bodywork protection on than the uk cars?

Imports look nice. Who would anyone recommend for imports?

Regards

Essex_RS

(Mark)

Society has some daft assumption that everything goes to hell on every car at 100k miles. Its just a number and more specifically on 2JZ engines a small milestone. I think there is one around the UK that CW services thats done 300k.

If you read up on Supraforums, its rare to find anything under 100k miles. Lots of people go BPU at 100+, let alone 800hp cars with 100+.

Like any auto, be sure that you check on its history and servicing. If its been well maintained you should have no probs at all, esp with Supra reliability.

:thumbs:

If the cars been running stock (ish) boost then i really don't think there are any problems with high milers.

The turbo's are the things that can be a problem in rare cases but this is largely how they been treated ie boost and oil changes etc rather than mileage IMO.