The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bought an egay induction pipe

hadyn

Fancied buying something off ebay, so I decided to buy this induction kit so I could basically use the alloy pipe in the kit to mate to my Blitz SUS and replace the stock plastic induction pipe.

Does anyone know if this plan will work? If not, I'll be selling the complete kit on here for what I paid for it :)

EDIT - heres the link:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MK4-TOYOTA-SUPRA-TWIN-TURBO-AIR-INDUCTION-KIT-JZA80-2JZ_W0QQitemZ270410288427QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item3ef5b58d2b&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12%7C66%3A2%7C39%3A1%7C72%3A1683%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

Oh dear - are the rubber hoses that bad then?

Like you I'm only really bothered about the shiney pipe - I can sort some silicon connectors out later if the rubber stuff is unusable :(

They are pretty crud.... they will do as a temp measure but wouldnt last long i'd say.

Iv just done a similar thing to fabricate an induction kit. You need the following all in 3inch:-

2 x 45 degree silicone elbows 3inch inner diameter

1 x 45 degree 3" outer diameter polished pipe

1 x straight 3" outer diamter polished pipe (approx 6 inch long would do, it's to act as a coupler between the 45 degree silicone elbow and the filter)

1 x 3" neck air filter of your choice.

5 x 3.5 inch jubilee clamps

I think mine came to about £70 inc postage buying various bits from egay.

While on the subject of egay :-

AVOID MRSILICONE AND AUTO-PERFORMANCE they are the same company and in my opinion utter garbage. They messed my order up twice, wouldnt give me a refund and wouldnt send out what I payed for. After almost 4 weeks they agreed to refund my money through paypal except paypal want me to send all the wrong items back recorded delivery, which I think is crap so Iv left it to my credit card company to deal with.

They also messed up my mates order but he was lucky enough to get it sorted within a week. Save yoursel the hassle and stay away from these people- oh and in my opinion they are also cheeky Tw$%s to speak to on the phone

Stuff arrived within days. Im happy with what you get for 30 odd quid delivered. The air filter looks quite nice, better than a lot of the ebay tat you see around on cars.

Im going to chop up some silicon and use that instead of the rubber hoses and then get it to fit onto my Blitz SUS.

Will report back when I do.

OK heres some pictures of the pipe and rubber hose mated to my Blitz SUS:

Issue I have now is that my intercooler hose to throttle body pipe now seems to pop off all the time under boost. I'm going to remove the battery and fit some heavy duty mikalor clamps too to see if this sorts it.

The blue rubber elbow will also be replaced with silicon too...