The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Alloy Wheel Help Please

Supra786

Needed some alloy wheel help please.

Im in a bit of a dilemma and don't know what to do so I thought I'd seek some advise from the members here.

I recently buckled one of my alloy wheels by mounting the kerb! I have got someone to check it over and the alignment is off but the tyre is not losing any pressure.

I was advised by a local body shop to leave it how it is due to the fact that if it was bent back it might crack and also if additional welding was required the wheel will never be balanced.

I have tried to source another one of these alloys but no luck.

Is there anyone on here who knows of a reputable alloy wheel place around london where I can go?

If I leave it like this and get the wheel alignment sorted will it affect my handling at high speeds or corners?

I have attached some pics of the damage.

Any advice will be much appreciated.

23062009261.jpg

23062009263.jpg

23062009262.jpg

23062009264.jpg

Not in your area but speak to Ibrar who is a trader on here Speedwells alloy wheel refinishers.

Also keep an eye on the tyre as it could develope a sidewall bulge due to it going up the kerb then it could fail like a blowout so be carefull.

The rim should straighten out but needs to be done by a profesional, my only concern would be if theres any cracks that you cant see.

Thank you for your reply, I will do, have you used them before?

Any good? and would you say its repairable?

http://www.kwicksilveruk.co.uk/

Is that them?

Yep thats the one. I was looking into their franchise so have a good amount of information with regards to their repairs and services. It was their repairs services that intrigued me most. Give them a call and pay a visit and decide for yourself.

Lepsons, in Kent do wheels refurbs, their work is second to none.

Hopefully Ibrar will see this thread and will be able to say whether the wheel is repairable or not.

Have you got any contact details for them? And you wouldn't know any nearer to Greater London as don't wanna got to far with a buckled alloy, steeering doesn't feel right.

I will send Ibrar a PM, directing him to this thread, see what he thinks.

Thanks for your input, much appreciated. :)