The mkiv Supra Owners Club

EBC Brake Discs, any good?

Scott

Not really much good in my experience. I have EBC disks on the back of mine (UK size) and was using EBC pads. They were shockingly bad. Currently running in poterfield pads which even though ive not pushed them yet I can tell they are in a different league.

I would go with stock disks are decent pads if I was doing it again :)

Mixed opinions, some say good but more say they were not as good as expected. EBC imo is acceptable but there's a lot of hype that suckers people in blinding them to far superior products. If you are trying to do things on a budget, I'd say just get OE brake discs with uprated pads as mentioned above, its always a great recipe.

If you want fancy brake discs then take a look at the offerings from GarageWhifbitx on the traders section.

I did not think stock disks were too expensive. If you speak to Paul at Whifbitz he may be able to get them cheaper for you. Really depends what your going to use the car for but I would recommend stock disks, decent pads, braided lines and a dot 4 or 5 fluid. Should make a very good set up.

Mixed opinions, some say good but more say they were not as good as expected. EBC imo is acceptable but there's a lot of hype that suckers people in blinding them to far superior products. If you are trying to do things on a budget, I'd say just get OE brake discs with uprated pads as mentioned above, its always a great recipe.

If you want fancy brake discs then take a look at the offerings from GarageWhifbitx on the traders section.

I've already asked for a few quotes on 3G ultimate discs as they come highly recommended. Trouble is i'm only looking for the rears, i'm not so sure if its a good idea to have really good rears without getting the fronts also. If it wasn't for the cat getting ill (over 1000 in vets fee's) i would probably just take the hit on all 4.

Really bad month, but needs must for the rears :D

I've already asked for a few quotes on 3G ultimate discs as they come highly recommended. Trouble is i'm only looking for the rears, i'm not so sure if its a good idea to have really good rears without getting the fronts also. If it wasn't for the cat getting ill (over 1000 in vets fee's) i would probably just take the hit on all 4.

Really bad month, but needs must for the rears :D

How about seeing if anyone has any second hand ones till you can get the setup you want?

How about seeing if anyone has any second hand ones till you can get the setup you want?

Yup, i've posted in the wanted section. I'm thinking that might be the best option for now. Getting some decent cheap rears and then saving up some lolly to get the whole shibang.

Cheers :thumbs:

fwiw a member sent me a PM a few weeks back offering me a set of unused 3G brakes. I have checked my PM's but it appears I have deleted it so can't recall who the member was.

May be worth searching the for sale section with the term '3G brake' on the off chance he's advertised them.

fwiw a member sent me a PM a few weeks back offering me a set of unused 3G brakes. I have checked my PM's but it appears I have deleted it so can't recall who the member was.

May be worth searching the for sale section with the term '3G brake' on the off chance he's advertised them.

Were they for the 2pot rears? I'm having a look now.