The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Headlight removal

SUPRACHRIS

I took them out, took them apart and aaahhhhhhhh, dont even bother trying to clean them mine are stayned like juniors pants! who ever said use wet and dry 2000 sand paper were on drugs, admitadly they do look cleaner but it aints woth trying to prise them apart, just buy uk ones for 130 each (much easier):)

No it is on the actual mirror part inside as well, the plastic has come up better but you can still notice the difference, and getting the things back together (the seal) was fun, not too hard but not too easy (oven time again) anyway ordered some glass ones now, as the seals were a bit shagged anyhow.:)

One of mine is perfect but the other is just crap really, yeah and thats what toyota told me 127 each plus vat for the unit and 154 for the unit with bulbs and bulb holders +vat which would be 180ish including vat for the complete one, unless they are just being to##ers about the complete unit trying to charge more for bits you already have? i dont see how they can sell just the glass as they are damb hard to get apart and play with. have to see tom and will post you results :)

Originally posted by dangerous brain

Be interested to know what is what here as the parts guy I spoke to said it was just the glass lol. As I said though there is a set on Ebay if you just need one refurb it and fit it at your leisure then refurb yours as best as ya can at your leisure and flog them on after.

I was told on a number of occaisons by toyota that the headlights are a single unit, no seal..... so how do they sell the glass for a single 1 piece unit?

Your not getting mixed up with facelift and shit are you?

Either that or toyota dont know what they sell (which is more than likely)

Ta

Nah the picture on the computer that the guy showed me was an exploded drawing and showed the parts all seperatley and had a number for the whole unit and then a load of numbers for all the components? The guy gave me a quote for the lenses and the whole thing. Now I am not saying that the guy was right just that he told me that. And that the whole unit was circa 200 quid.

Fair enough mate,

In that case, I will ask the same questions, (hopefully get the same answers and state "I will have two of those whole unit headlamp units @ that price please"

Then if that isn't what I get..... Mr. Toyota gets an angry skinhead banging on his office door

LOL

Originally posted by SUPRACHRIS

well they said it is the whole unit apart from the bulbs! and that 130 is plus vat

Chris, has your receipt got a Part Number on it? We could look it up and see exactly what it is that you've got on order.

Where did you order these from exactly? I'd be interested in some for that price.

Originally posted by dangerous brain

Well we all know how splendid toyota's pricing scheme is. I mean the stock mats that in black cost 90 ish quid but in cream are only 11 quid??? Whats that all about?

DUH!!! Don't you know?, are you serious?

Just in case you are it's because the cream matts have an extra number in the part nuber, this means 90% off, something to do with the fact that less japanese children die in the cream matt factory than the black matt one, means higher turnover and less costs.

Simple when ya know huh?

Yeah just got them today and they are complete apart from bulbs, and they have a black tint:)

part number L81130-1b210 (127.71 + vat)

and L81170-1b210 (127.71 + vat)

they have got everythin attatched and even got leveling system, which my old one did not, but there is a manual overide so i can still use them:)