The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Help !! ...

Roy

... summer is now officially around the corner and i cannot get my roof off coz my 'special' toyota allen key wrench thingy is buggered ! does anyone know where to get another one from, what it costs, or if there are any other alternatives (bearing in mind my bolts including the centre bolt) are slightly stripped ?

please, please someone come up with a good, cheap, quick answer ... :( :eek: :conf: :confused: :blink:

Originally posted by Roy

... summer is now officially around the corner and i cannot get my roof off coz my 'special' toyota allen key wrench thingy is buggered ! does anyone know where to get another one from, what it costs, or if there are any other alternatives (bearing in mind my bolts including the centre bolt) are slightly stripped ?

please, please someone come up with a good, cheap, quick answer ... :( :eek: :conf: :confused: :blink:

Maybe its time to turn vulture and have a word with HISUPE about spares from his car?? He's bound to have an allen key.

Originally posted by Roy

oh dear - i hadn't thought of that ! maybe i'll ask ... but i don't wanna be seen as a vulture (especially since it IS an aerotop!). many thanks faye ... you're a star ! :)

Yeah I know its not a "nice" thing to do, but glad I could be of help.

All's well that ends well, no need to vulture and you get to take your top off.

Incidentally I got mine off yesterday afternoon on the way back from Southend - absolutely gorgeous I was slightly sunburnt by the time I got back.

:)

still here ......... n waiting for that BIG hug ! oh - the wonders of aero love ! :innocent: :p

i remember a while back someone asking for an SZ/NA only section - wonder if we'll get shot down if we ask for a aero only section ? :eek: :D nah ... just kidding.

hmm - if it were an aero TT only club - sure would be small club wouldn't it ? :cool:

Here's your hug Roy :hug:

Oooh a section for us to just hug each other, sounds good :)

If you had a TT aero club it would just be 4 or 5 blokes hugging each other, I think the chaps and sole chappesse in the SZ aero section would have much more fun :D

Originally posted by Supraguy

You know, I was thinking of putting up a poll / thread about TT Aerotop owners. It would be interesting to see how many are registered on the BBS.

It'd be easier to just name them wouldn't it??

Roy,

Jason,

Dude,

Paul E

200sx boy

Neil

sorry to anyone else I've ignored!

I had my roof off yesterday all day and most of the evening too. An allen key set that you get from halfords where all the keys close into a plastic handle is what I use as my car didn't have the allen key or plugs when I got it. They are only a few quid and are readily available in any halfords or bike shop. Plus you can use the other allen keys for other stuff lol.

Just waiting for the beast to get home so I can get the roof off again today lol. Thats the car not the wife lol!!!