The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra pod T-Shirts much interest ?

little num

Ive asked the mods if its ok with me doing a t-shirt for the suprapod 2009.

If they say yes then the price will be £12 for 1 design with orders over 15.

If you decided you wanted a custom design then the price will vary from £14 - 16 each.

Collection from suprapod avalible or delivery will be £4 recorded insured.

Not really sure what design to do so any idea's will be good.

Also how much interest would there be for this kind of thing.

Small design for the back see what you guys think, or if you can do a better 1 send it to me.

Doc2.doc

Edited by little num (see edit history)

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Would be great to have some Suprapod and Supradrome t-shirts for members so I like this is a lot.

My thoughts are that the logo is very much like the tumbleweed forum's logo, and the club URL isnt listed.

Logo I can cope with as most people wont know the tumbleweeders, but I would be grateful if the club URL can be on the t-shirt somewhere.

I'm not wishing to take this job over, but thought it never hurts to get a second quotation.

I've spoken to Brookes and I'm waiting for prices.

Initially I've asked them to quote for:

15 x T Shirts, same make as you have bought.

Large Supra logo on front or back with an optional price for a members name.

This is just in order to get a price.

I'll let you know as soon as they reply.

Cheers

G

I've promised the mods I'll help manage this, so here goes...

James' idea is excellent and has the club management's full backing - clothing for our big events adds a little bit more to then events and could be a big hit.

We just need to make sure we don't produce anything that looks like the 'other' forum: not only because we have a distintive brand of our own which we should look to retain & promite, but also because we should also try to make sure we don't encroach on anyone else's brand/appearance.

So for starters as Branners has said above, we need to add the club URL and try and ideally change the logo to look less like MSOC.

There are a few threads on this topic as I know James is already creatinga few shirts for general purposes, but can we try to keep all the general discussion & development in one place (i.e. here). Ta :)

Brookes has come back to me but I'm waiting for them to answer an additional question. Should be later today.

Brookes have come back to me and I'll PM you (Steve & James) with the details.

I think Event T shirts are a good idea, but in these hard times I think they need to be cheap (OK inexpensive) :) in order to sell them in numbers.

I (personally) also think we need a Club Clothing colour (two max) as this adds immediate recognition at events.

Although a bit over-the-top, you don't need to read anything on the Scooby Club clothing to know what car they drive, you just see the colour !

I often think it's a shame that I see loads of people I half recognise at Santa Pod (JapShow for instance) but arn't 100% sure they are a fellow club member.

I'm sure there are members that "only look good in peach" etc, but I would risk upsetting them to have a "Club identity".

All IMO obviously :)

Replied to your PM Gerry, didn't realise you'd posted here too. :)

I'm very keen to keep costs low, so hopefully take-up can be high. Quality and durability would still need to be high but I'm sure we can do something that would suit most people's pocket.

I take you point about limiting the number of designs/colours in that respect, but think we'd need to vary the colour(s) on offer for each event to show a distintion for each event, otherwise people will think 'I've got one just like that already' and not bother with a momento quite so often. Plus although one/two colours might give us immediate identity, I don't want them to turn into uniforms (although Branners would probably like that - his own 'army' ;)). The logo & everything else mkivSupra.net on the shirt will always let people know who we are. :)

Replied Steve...

Regarding the title of this thread - the immediate answer seems to be "not a lot" !

Think it's worth pushing on with it, then you can say at least you tried.

Cheers

G

PS... I'll buy one :D

Replied to your PM Gerry, didn't realise you'd posted here too. :)

I'm very keen to keep costs low, so hopefully take-up can be high. Quality and durability would still need to be high but I'm sure we can do something that would suit most people's pocket.

I take you point about limiting the number of designs/colours in that respect, but think we'd need to vary the colour(s) on offer for each event to show a distintion for each event, otherwise people will think 'I've got one just like that already' and not bother with a momento quite so often. Plus although one/two colours might give us immediate identity, I don't want them to turn into uniforms (although Branners would probably like that - his own 'army' ;)). The logo & everything else mkivSupra.net on the shirt will always let people know who we are. :)

If we can get 1 design done and they are all the same i might be able to get a better price with what ever logo's the forum wants, The shirts i have done are NOT screan printing as this is the cheaper way to have design's put on, with this in mind screan printing normally starts with a £25 setup charge so any shirts that change will always incour this charge.

My guys do vinyl printing that is more durable and longer lasting plus vinyl printing dont have a setup fee so the logo's can be changed to suit each person if needed for a small charge £2. Ive just soke to them and they say if we can get 25 shirts with the same logo on front and back they will do them for £11 each, if some 1 wanted there own design then they would be £14 each.

Sounds good to me mate...

Cheers

G

If we can get 1 design done and they are all the same i might be able to get a better price with what ever logo's the forum wants, The shirts i have done are NOT screan printing as this is the cheaper way to have design's put on, with this in mind screan printing normally starts with a £25 setup charge so any shirts that change will always incour this charge.

My guys do vinyl printing that is more durable and longer lasting plus vinyl printing dont have a setup fee so the logo's can be changed to suit each person if needed for a small charge £2. Ive just soke to them and they say if we can get 25 shirts with the same logo on front and back they will do them for £11 each, if some 1 wanted there own design then they would be £14 each.

ok what we need is for people to design some logo's for the event with http://www.mkivsupra.net on, more logo's the better then we will have a vote on which 1 we all like the most, who ever's design gets chosen gets a free t shirt with it on for supra pod, i like this idea as i have no idea how to design logo's, plus we can have a vote for each event and the winner gets a free shirt. So post up logo's you have designed for this even to win a t shirt. DEADLINE for this logo is 10th july then any received will be voted on until the 17th so almost 2 weeks to get this done.

Once we have a good logo then people may start placing orders for this event.

Nobody interested then i see, shame this would have been nice for the club to be more involved with Nice events.

Sad isn't it.

I thought my mkivSupra.net show plates were a good idea and I think we sold about ten !

Not sure why it is...