The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Veilside vs Hiper

Seb

Ok, this isn't a 'which is better value?' thread, this is purely about noise. I know the Hiper has a serious reputation for being the wildest sounding exhaust (without going into various others which cost a fortune), but I was going through some older threads, and found one in which Gaz says that the Veilside Ti is louder than a Hiper, and sounds like nothing you've ever heard. Anyone heard both? Veilside boys, how loud d'you think you are? I want a definite answer here :p

Seb

Originally posted by ChrisB

really you think its quiet :conf:

i cant talk over it at tickover on a morning, thats without cats like

Its deffo not quiet, but compared to the Hiper it is. I really like the sound of the NUR, but this thread isnt about it.

The Veilside is seriously loud, it sounds great too and doesn't drone.

Stainless exhausts just dont compare, the Nur and RSR are deffo quieter.

I think the only one louder is the HKS Racing Titanium (102mm pipe). We've got one of them in stock too ;)

I can also get the HKS Hiper/Carbon Titanium - 95mm stainless piping, carbon wrapped backbox and titanium tip.

Gaz.

Originally posted by Gaz Walker

The Veilside is seriously loud, it sounds great too and doesn't drone.

Stainless exhausts just dont compare, the Nur and RSR are deffo quieter.

I disagree having heard them all!

What is the decibel rating on the Veilside now?

As they all have to have them from Japan will be easy to compare by wacking up their respective ratings?

Mind you the Nur is not sold there anymore - is the Hiper still available - i thought that this ewas superceded by the quieter next generation?

:thumbs:

Originally posted by Paul E

I disagree having heard them all!

What is the decibel rating on the Veilside now?

As they all have to have them from Japan will be easy to compare by wacking up their respective ratings?

Mind you the Nur is not sold there anymore - is the Hiper still available - i thought that this ewas superceded by the quieter next generation?

:thumbs:

Sorry Paul, but I disagree too.

I have personally owned:

Apexi N1 Titanium

Veilside Titanium

Nur Spec R

Greddy Titanium

We have tested/fitted/installed/used at envy:

Apexi N1 Titanium

Apexi N1 Evo (Jasma)

Veilside Titanium

Nur Spec R

Greddy Titanium

RSR GTII

Amuse Titanium

HKS Racing Titanium

HKS Silent Hipower (Jasma)

HKS Hiper Racing Ti

HKS Hiper

HKS SuperDragger

Db on the Veilside, dunno, I'd guess over 120-130.

Gaz.

PS: the Nur is not discontinued in Japan, its being sold as a sports exhaust.

Originally posted by Nick

Gaz,

What's the difference between the HKS Racing Titanium and the HKS Hiper Racing Ti ? How do they compare to the Hiper?

Cheers

HKS Racing Titanium is 102mm piping, Hiper is 95mm. Racing has a Ti backbox, Hiper is Stainless but wrapped in carbon and Ti tip. The Racing Ti is an amazing peice of kit, and is very very straight.

The cost, £900 and £625 :)

Gaz.

Originally posted by Gaz Walker

Fingers crossed on Saturday, then I lose it for another week for the ice, then all the other mods following week so should be looking nice soon :D

Peter says the colour looks ace so :thumbs:

Gaz.

Nice one Gaz, the long wait will be worth it, just picture driving down to Billing, or Elvington with that roof off! Class :)

I'll have to have a look at your car on saturday, i drop mine off at PPS then. Thats if he doesn't ring to put it back a week or two....i'm hoping he won't!!!!

Paul