The mkiv Supra Owners Club

H.I.Ds - WOW

Matt H

Knight Racer installed some H.I.Ds into my supra at Japshow on Sunday.

I can categorically say this is one of the best mods i've bought. The difference and quality aspect they add to you car is unreal for there cost!

You need these in your life!

Dead easy to install too.

I'm still thinking mine must be crap. Yes the light is whiter and definitely brighter, particularly noticeable reflecting off road signs, but actual light output onto the road isn't the huge night and day difference that most people mention.

Maybe I'm just less easily pleased.

If they are dead easy to install how come you didn't do them yourself??:p:D

Didn't think they would be that simple. You just plug them in!

I hope you went for 4300Ks and not the chavvy 6000K? ;)

Why do you say that? Not sure what the Kelvin is, voltage is 23k.

I'm still thinking mine must be crap. Yes the light is whiter and definitely brighter, particularly noticeable reflecting off road signs, but actual light output onto the road isn't the huge night and day difference that most people mention.

Maybe I'm just less easily pleased.

The light output difference is huge from my set. It is most certainly noticable. The light from mine is a sharp white with a blue tint. The test is when you stick full beam on, I certainly want to get H.I.Ds on full too (if available ).

Edited by Matt H (see edit history)

I thought 6000k were the best?

I still need to get some, my lights are utter poo, so I try and avoid driving in the dark:(

6000k are the best all rounders if you want the blue tinge with a good light output.4300 are the best for giving off an efficient light.

I hope you went for 4300Ks and not the chavvy 6000K? ;)

I think the 6k's are brilliant, done them on FTO and they was a massive difference! An to tell you the truth the standard lights on the FTO...you get better luck with candles on the front!

6k gets you a slight tint, 5k is alright as its brilliant white!

How much did it cost you to do the Supe Matt?

I am thinking of doing this on the Supe, even though the standard lights are very good!

Apparently glass headlight are best for HID's as the glass reflects the light better, mine are very bright and really light the road up well, hint of blue as they are 10k as well.

10k? Thats normally like a purple tint!

I think the 6k's are brilliant, done them on FTO and they was a massive difference! An to tell you the truth the standard lights on the FTO...you get better luck with candles on the front!

I am thinking of doing this on the Supe, even though the standard lights are very good!

From Knight-Racer, I'm not sure of their current prices, but you can get a good set with the *new* slimline digital ballasts for around £50 + £10 p&p from ebay :)

You can fit them yourself in minutes.

Edited by Lbm (see edit history)

Apparently glass headlight are best for HID's as the glass reflects the light better, mine are very bright and really light the road up well, hint of blue as they are 10k as well.

Glass are over rated ;)

10k? Thats normally like a purple tint!

oooh, perhaps too much being purple, altough some of the Range Rover series seem to produce a purple tint which i don't think is chavy.. but a blue tint always hits the spot i quess.

It's perfect white (4300K) or nothing else for me, and they made a huge difference IMO.

No blue.... at a push? certainly what they have on all the new high performances'.

I am very happy with my 6000k in glass headlights, think it is a fantastic upgrade (have full set)

What do you class as a full set?

Do you mean how much for the headlights H.I.Ds only?

Knight Racer sell them for £69.99. But i can vouch for the quality, I'm blown away. I don't know what Kelvin they are but they digital ballasts are rated at 23k, PM knight racer ;)

I've seen a picture showing that Matt was otherwise ...... occupied, while the lights were being fitted :D:p:D

:lol:

And as if by magic a post selling these appears... you really couldn't script it...

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=189881

A picture of the product would be interesting as you say though Matt, we could look for them on eBay or the Chinese import wholesaler sites to see if we can get them cheaper ;)

I take it Knight Racer have seen the opportunity to capitalise on my compliments.

Why not, can you get a picture of that warranty and guarantee while you're at it?! :clown: