The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Any CAD designers

jimojameso

Hello all

I have access to a rapid prototyping sintering machine and we are soon changing the material to carbon fibre and nylon composite. It can make any 3D shape pretty much.

During the process once the powder has been heated it becomes unuseable so any spare space i can throw little fun jobs in there. If anyone can design anything up in CAD for a supra. e.g. badges, pillar mount, dash panels, etc, if you give me a file i will make a free one for you and one for myself! :-) I need a CAT or Stl format.

I can only fit in bits when there is space and do not intend to do any batches of anything. Just for me and and the person who provides the file. :)

Yeah, have got Solidworks and Inventor (3 full license copies) plus 25years experience as a designer/engineer. There are loads of formats to work with and we can convert almost anything to anything else.

For anyone who has never seen this stuff before. It has a relatively stepped surface finish and being nylon takes fair bit of rubbing down and priming to get smooth. If you can spend the time you will get a nice result and tough enough to use in a car as well.

This is a great offer as these parts would cost you at least £40 for a simple dial cowling and as much as a a couple of hundred for anything like a pod cluster.

Hmmm interesting!

Is this the Windform XT material?

We use this occasionally, but we use bluestone and SI60 every day. We've also recently been given access to DMLS and scintered metallic machines.

Who do you work for? Do you rent out the machines? Quite often we're in need of additional resource for manufacturing components in RP.

sounds interesting! I'll get my thinking cap on!

Haven't used those file formats before. I'll have to have a look on Solidworks tomorrow to see what's what.

Do you have any requests? :eyebrows:

Pretty much anything can export a .stl format. If not I can convert IGES files to .stl no problem.

.Cat is native Catia (V4 I think)

Hmmm interesting!

We use this occasionally, but we use bluestone and SI60 every day. We've also recently been given access to DMLS and scintered metallic machines.

Who do you work for? Do you rent out the machines? Quite often we're in need of additional resource for manufacturing components in RP.

My thought exactly. We have accounts with the larger RP bureaus in the UK so if you are cheaper it would be worth having a chat. Always on the look out to save a bit of dosh on jobs.

Hmm pillar gauges or dash panels would be good! If u have anything u fancy have a go!:)

sounds interesting! I'll get my thinking cap on!

Haven't used those file formats before. I'll have to have a look on Solidworks tomorrow to see what's what.

Do you have any requests? :eyebrows:

Hello mate yeah its carbonmide this material. Really good stuff. No we don't rent out the machines mate. Were too busy for that. Ha ha. I work for one of your rivals! :p

Hmmm interesting!

Another nice offer, thanks but unfortunately we only do internal work now :(

My thought exactly. We have accounts with the larger RP bureaus in the UK so if you are cheaper it would be worth having a chat. Always on the look out to save a bit of dosh on jobs.