The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Type S bodykit

Rob Dublin

opinion from me, the supra dont need a body kit !!

You would say that! :D

As far as kits for the Supra go, It's certainly not one of the worst, and it must be pretty exclusive (I don't think i've seen a car in the UK fitted with this)

opinion from me, the supra dont need a body kit !!

I agree, but I'd say side skirts, ideally OEM make the sides spot on and possibly rear spats but thats it IMO.

So in a sense then, you don't agree ;)

In my himble opunion, it's always about taste. Bodykit or not. :)

Yes I am :)

Signature bodykit

You saved the day Nic as always :)

Thats only about a £780 kit at todays rates (obviously would cost a LOT more to make it here), but compared to the other kits that seems to be very cheap indeed.

I still don't like it, the nappy comment from jza80 says it all really :D

nic good to see you around mate, sorry for my hassles, how are you now ? (sorry for the thread hijack)

as kits go im sorry, and im REALLY sorry, as toyota made it with some tweeks :)

im going to start an official picket line "NO KITS TODAY, NO KITS TOMMORROW, SACK OUR OILS WORKERS, BUT DONT KIT OUR SUPRAS" sorry ill get my coat

Failside is the one that really makes my stomach turn. Some of the members on here go from totally stock, through do-lucks and top secrets - some great looking vehicles.

This one looks good - save for the spoiler. The one you linked to does look pretty good, but there are other kits I prefer.

Personally, I find totally stock too bland.

Failside is the one that really makes my stomach turn. Some of the members on here go from totally stock, through do-lucks and top secrets - some great looking vehicles.

This one looks good - save for the spoiler. The one you linked to does look pretty good, but there are other kits I prefer.

Personally, I find totally stock too bland.

sacralidge, would you buy a ferrari and put a kit on it ? would you own a masserati and but a kit on it ? i know i wouldnt so why kit a beautifull car like the supra ?

sacralidge

Heh, yeh well. I just need some OEM side skirts and my car will suit me for now.

It's all down to personal taste. Some people even like the veilside stuff. I think it stops making it like a supra though. Again, to me, totally stock just looks dated; but that's me.

OEM skirts, spats and that lip thing can make it look a lot more sharp though.

sacralidge, would you buy a ferrari and put a kit on it ? would you own a masserati and but a kit on it ? i know i wouldnt so why kit a beautifull car like the supra ?

I don't find ferarris and maserati's bland when stock, in general. It's the front bumper that looks aged on the supra, if left to stock. But again, that is my opinion. I just see one and like it... then I see a Top Secret bumper or Do- Luck and think how modern that looks. However, I can't stand the veilside one...

There are not many bodykits I like (Top Secret Type III being the exception), but I don't actually mind the Signature kit (without the rear spoiler).

The Explosion kit is made by the same company.

http://www.evolution.co.jp/explosion/supra/

yeah but it still looks like a supra wanabe, the car should be how it is, if we all stopped kitting them and enjoyed the beauty of a supra we would all be in a better place...

why do you want to hang bits of dodgy fibreglass on your cars, its beyond me, im sorry but its my opinion, you dont need to kit a car to make it look good or make it original, and kitting supras just makes them the next corsa or nova or astra on the road in my opinion... if you have a real TRD keep it real TRD, if you have a real Top Secret... keep is so... but dont add cheap tacky wanabe fibreglass, if you want to do this sell your supra but an mr2 and put a ferrari kit on it !

yeah but it still looks like a supra wanabe, the car should be how it is, if we all stopped kitting them and enjoyed the beauty of a supra we would all be in a better place...

why do you want to hang bits of dodgy fibreglass on your cars, its beyond me, im sorry but its my opinion, you dont need to kit a car to make it look good or make it original, and kitting supras just makes them the next corsa or nova or astra on the road in my opinion... if you have a real TRD keep it real TRD, if you have a real Top Secret... keep is so... but dont add cheap tacky wanabe fibreglass, if you want to do this sell your supra but an mr2 and put a ferrari kit on it !

So what you're saying is, you really quite like kits, but prefer stock look a bit more?

Some people say the true supras have a turbo inside them... why run an N/A? :p

My point being that it's all just opinions and banter. So long as you like what you have, I don't think it matters. I almost suppose the same can be said for failside?? :blink:

The fact that there is a large market for supra bodykits shows that there's a large demand to change the look from stock.

In all honesty, my personal opinion is that the stock celica looks nicer than the supra. The supra, from the front, totally stock, looks old. :(