The mkiv Supra Owners Club

To de-lip or Not to De-lip ?

Lee_e

hey guys just need some opinions on wether or not i should take the bottom lip of my front bumper? me personally i want to take it off but just want opinions :)

and yess i know the carbon bonnet and front bumper etc isnt alot of peoples cup of tea but its on the list lol

4654_225904160592_596955592_7259987_7046396_n.jpg

4654_225904145592_596955592_7259986_1305402_n.jpg

Yer its a bolt on jobby and i will remove it tomoz and get some pics up .

Maybe it be better if i remove the lip then maybe get some coilovers just for the front and lower it a little as it would make it look more level ? thoughts ?

that lip at the bottom of the bumper doesn't even look like it supposed to be part of the design of the kit, kist like some muppets bolted any ol' plastic on.

I say remove it and stick it on ebay as sure enough there are enough folks out there with bad taste :)

is there any good photo shoppers that could do it in black for me ? i think it could work but im more for the "smooth" look when it comes to colours.

like my old car i colour coded everything as thats what i liked, but yess if anybody can do that for me as i have just about enough computer knowledge to upload pics lol cheers

coilovers just for the front and lower it a little as it would make it look more level ? thoughts ?

No! :D If you're going to get some coilovers, get a full set and have the Geo done correctly.

Maybe consider having the front lip covered in carbon sheet to match the bonnet?

Chris had me fit that bumper and I still don't like it. Paint the lip black its looks much better trust me.

i think looking at it i agree with SUPRALOOPY i think a satin black would work well... i dont know if it might look missing if you took it off, and homer is right there is a lot going on on your front end...

im not saying its bad, but this is exactly why i didnt get a kit