The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Newbie - Hello!

Guest Thrush

Guest Thrush

Me = noob, hello :D :D :D

Having taken out a subtly modded TT, 400bhp?, the other day (and scared me self shitless lol) I have decided I want one!

So moving from the Ford world, thinking about going for a single turbo model (reckon at 22, the TT is out of my proce range insurance range :( ) so what are they like? Whats a single turbo with a manual 5speed box cost (range)?

Hello,

A TT probably isn't as bad to insure at 22 as you may think, but for gods sake don't buy a non turbo thinking it will be the cheapest way to have a Supra, the insurance is just as high or higher than a TT.

As for single turbo supras, they would be ex TTs that have had singles put on them ( someone please correct me if I'm wrong ) so you've got insurance implications already.

Good luck with the Supra hunting

Originally posted by Thrush

Me = noob, hello :D :D :D

Having taken out a subtly modded TT, 400bhp?, the other day (and scared me self shitless lol) I have decided I want one!

So moving from the Ford world, thinking about going for a single turbo model (reckon at 22, the TT is out of my proce range insurance range :( ) so what are they like? Whats a single turbo with a manual 5speed box cost (range)?

i'm 21 and my insurance on a UK spec TT is about £1300 which is not bad i reckon. i'd go for a TT

Guest Thrush

I couldn't buy a n/a version - no offence to anyone but my mates RS Turbo shuts them down without making peak boost :blink:

I thought you could get the 3litre 24v in single turbo as std (or was it only the mk3 that was single turbo??)....

Oh and thanks for the welcomes :)

welcome Thrush ! lol never thought i would say that, i hope your not an annoying c*nt (sorry couldnt resist when i saw your name)

single turbos are modded TT's and insurance will be even more ! i would say un-insurable at your age ! mk3's came with singles but not mkiv's

dont dismiss the TT though i was 20 when i had mine ;)

Guest Thrush
Originally posted by lovatt

welcome Thrush ! lol never thought i would say that, i hope your not an annoying c*nt (sorry couldnt resist when i saw your name)

Irritable cnut :D :D :D Yes it does stem from that , pmsl.....

Originally posted by Thrush

I couldn't buy a n/a version - no offence to anyone but my mates RS Turbo shuts them down without making peak boost :blink:

I thought you could get the 3litre 24v in single turbo as std (or was it only the mk3 that was single turbo??)....

Oh and thanks for the welcomes :)

No offence taken, I got my NA because I wanted an aerotop and to get one in TT version is pretty damn hard. Plus I wanted 97/98 reg car. Talk about picky!!!! :D

Pretty sure its a Mk3 your thinking of.

who's that with mate, how many years no claims etc?

Originally posted by SupraRuss

i'm 21 and my insurance on a UK spec TT is about £1300 which is not bad i reckon. i'd go for a TT

thrush - i can get insured with admiral on a TT for £1740 and i only turned 22 a week ago and have 0 NCD, don't forget all NAs are imports too! many people say the insurance is the same for an NA as for a TT.

the MKIV wasn't available as a single turbo, most (if not all) single turbo MkIVs will have had the TT replaced for a large single which will give a BHP increase and will mean its uninsurable for our age. if you havent got any NCD, give admiral a try :D

P.S. welcome aboard fella :D

Guest Thrush

Okay, isn't this a bit cheap?????

http://www.comebuycars.co.uk/BuyersSpecification.asp?iwdatabankdetails=117867

I have 3yrs NCB and turned 22 just before new years, currently my XR3i (yeah yeah, I know all the jokes, lol - but she is a modified concours winner :D ) is £505 (TPF&T) and my RST was £633 (TPF&T).... I was gonna progress to a Cosworth but since taking this TT out for work the otherday, I jsut loved everything about it, and have fantasised over the looks since I was a kid... I want one lol....

Guest Thrush

Just tried elephant.co.uk and initially got £1200-and-something FC, then wondered if it was lower if I tried it TPF&T and it said I had to be FC then it became £1350 FC :( WTF is that all about????

Thats a 94 TT, std, 22, 3NCB, 2 non-fault/non-claim accidents, 3points (SP50) and lscence held for 3-4yrs... Not too bad... 18mths ago a S1 RS Turbo was £1425 :eek: