The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Just gone TTC and quite like it :)

j1mb0b1

Looking to try this at some point, interesting :)

It mentions that the ECU will take time to adjust (learn) to the boost change and advance the ignition timing, would it be a good or bad idea to disconnect the battery before doing this and when reverting back to sequential mode?

The one thing to watch for with TTC, especially when running high boost (over 1 bar), is a boost spike when both turbo's first spool. They will spike around 4.2k rpm so make sure you have a peak hold boost gauge and watch it when you first do a hard pull in it - 4/5/6th gear at WOT.

Tried it a couple of times on my old one, but didn't like it. The power delivery is smoother, but it was not very nice sounding at low/mid rpm especially on the motorway, plus I missed that extra torque the 1st turbo produces. It was a novelty for a few days but it soon wore off and always ended up going back to sequential mode.

Looking to try this at some point, interesting :)

It mentions that the ECU will take time to adjust (learn) to the boost change and advance the ignition timing, would it be a good or bad idea to disconnect the battery before doing this and when reverting back to sequential mode?

I dont think so, I think its just best to let it adjust its self to what ever is going on IMO. mine has been spot on must have only took about 1 mile to sort it self out then boosting like a gud en :).

I would so go for it and its not like it take forever to do, and if you dont like it just revert back, but I dont think you will revert back going to leave mine like this now for the nurburgring in 4 weeks :)

Guest War Horse
Just followed this guide and gone TTC http://mkiv.supras.org.nz/articles/andy.htm.

I'am running stock exhaust but it sounds so much more beefy really nice sound, not as much power down low but I see that as a good thing when its rainy ;), And when the turbos do spool up it a very nice power delivery :eyebrows:

All happy days :)

Are the cops in England strict with cars fitted with no-cat exhausts?

Guest War Horse
Nope. I dont know of anyone who has ever been stopped for no cats.

Just need them in for the yearly MOT then take them out again. Or go somewhere friendly :p

I assume MOT is our equivalent of a state inspection. Glad to hear you guys have a way around it too. Do most drivers on this forum run cats? That's one of the first mods US drivers do to their Supras. You pick up ALOT of power by dropping them.

I think it's only any good going ttc when your running stock exhaust for the sound reason, the sound improvment to mine is nice adds a little spark to the stock system :), but with people running bpu I would say so the wire mod so you can flick it on and off with a switch that way for pottering about have it running normal, then for track or hard driving bang it in ttc :) I think when I go bpu this what I will do.

Does anyone know what kind of mpg gain you will get from this as it's not running on first turbo all the time so you must be saving a few mpg.