The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Wheel refurbish.....

scooby_doo_do

Right, i had my wheels refurbished about 2/3 years ago and they obviously didn't put enough if any laquer on them as they now look sh*te.

Been quoted £48 a wheel to get them refurbished again.. Is this a good price for 18" split rims ?

Or.....

Do i sell them and get another/cheaper set. ? They are front 265 35 18's and back 285 30 18's gewalt split rims.

Ta.

Craig,

Craig,

if you've been quoted £48 for split rims, either take his hand off,

or it'll be a P**S poor job.

I've been quoted at least £100 each, for a polished rim. Pristine want at least £160 each:eek:

Kevin Huntley tol me of a company in Shearness(sp) called Fatwheels might be o.k

John:thumbs:

Ta John....

I've now got his hand and he wants it back to do the wheels...... :sly:

Its a place near southend called Rochford tyres.... They do loads and they look pretty good to be fair.

They said i can have mine refurbished to any spec/colour i want...

If anyone wants the number drop me a mail....

Thanks again... Now i just need to muscer up £200 from somewhere...

Please DONATE MONEY TO ME HERE.... [email protected] Paypal accepted.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, I've been round there. It's a small building, but the guys there are very friendly and helpful. They showed me several wheels they'd done, and some works in progress, and everything looks really good.

Unlike most people I've been to see, they didn't bat an eyelid about doing a refurb on my wheels. They didn't give me any, but's or maybe's, just said, 'no problem at all'.:)

I haven't actually had anything done by them yet, but Johns wheels are there right now, so wait for his wheels to be finnished as an example of their work.

They quoted me £100+vat per wheels. I think they also arrange collection and delivery, but don't quote me on that...