The mkiv Supra Owners Club

tyre pressure ??

Lee_e

hey guys i have a set of avon zz-3 tyres with a profile of 265/30/19 and my rear passenger read 20 psi and all the others read 45 psi. is 45 the correct tyre pressure for these tyres?

anybody know a website i can check to see or can any of you lovely people tell me :)

cheers

I was onto good year and a few others, 36 is the pressure regarless of wheel / tyre size

If you think about it, you are either putting a larger piece of alloy on with a low profile tyre or a smaller Alloy and a bigger profile typre so the circumferance never changes so why should your tyre pressure

I am on 19's and I have 34 rear and 36 front and it feels very good. I find the 30 or 32 mark far too low for larger rims but fine on 17's. As already stated don't exceed the max pressure stated on the tyre but at the same time don't use it as a target.

ahh ok , iv adjusted them all down to 36 psi ..seeing as all you guys have 36 aswell :) i wonder why they were up soo high then ?? i havent touched them since i bought it 2 week ago and only now realised the rear passenger was running low soo now all is good.