The mkiv Supra Owners Club

ello again :0)

Guest steve_supra

Guest steve_supra

alright guys, long time no show! after selling my old supra that some off you may remember.. guess who did photo as well lol..

Now after a bit of time im looking at a big spec supra to buy and have seen quite a nice one up for sale locally and wanted to quiz you lot and see what you thought and if you think good price etc let me know what you think...

spec list

ENGINE

TRUST T78-33D SPL TURBO KIT (New version)

TRUST DUAL EXHASUT MANIFOLDS

TRUST RACING EXTERNAL WASTEGATE

TRUST 3 WAY BIG INTERCOOLER KIT

SARD METAL CAT

AMUZE TITANIUM EXHAUST

HKS HIGH CAMSHAFTS

HKS ADJUSTABLE CAM GEARS

HKS OIL COOLER KIT

HKS TWIN PLATE CLUTCH

KOYO 3 WAY ALLOY RADIATOR

A/M FUEL PUMP

A/M INJECTORS

WHEELS/SUSPENSION/BRAKES

18" ROTA TORQUE ALLOY WHEELS

BREMBO F50 BRAKES FRONT

BREMBO F360 BRAKES REAR

ENDLESS 2 PIECE RACING BRAKE DISCS FRONT

ENDLESS 2 PIECE RACING BRAKE DISCS REAR

BRAIDED BRAKE LINES

TEIN ADJUSTABLE COILOVER SUSPENSION

ECU/INTERIOR

APEXI POWER FC ECU (Mapped by TweenieRob TR racing)

BLITZ BOOST CONTROLLER

DEFI OIL PRESSURE GAUGE

DEFI OIL TEMPERATURE GAUGE

DEFI WATER TEMPERATURE GAUGE

DEFI LINK CONTROLLER

DUAL TURBO TIMER

BOOST GAUGE

AM DIAL KIT

EXTERIOR

VEILSIDE BODY KIT

ABFLUG HEADLIGHT KIT

RECARO DRIVERS BUCKET SEAT

SABELT RACING HARNESSES

everything in the engine is nearly brand new and was tunned in jap but then remapped for u.k fuel. mate andy had a look round car and took out for quick drive and all seems fine with it. only fault i can tell is that at a standstill theres a rattle from the gearbox. with this power car i know its going to munch through g-boxes but should it make such a rattle or would this be teeth chatter as the flywheel has been lightened which iv been told can affect the ballence so makes it more noisey. the cars up for £13,995... thoughts?

That spec list has fresh import written all over it :D

The spec looks pretty good, the only downside is the ancient turbo, it'll make good power at the top end, but will be laggy compared to the more modern turbo's on the market now.

The ECU is a good one, but is there any mention of the fuel system - i.e. rail type, injector size, lines, pump, etc? A/M injectors doesn't say much, I assume that just means aftermarket (i.e. the seller doesn't know or can't check if they are stock or not).

Any idea what PSI boost it's currently running?

Any AFR or EGT gauge installed (at least one is an essential item for single)?

Any pics of he car and bay?

The gearbox rattle is most likely due to having a lightweight flywheel installed, they can ratle like hell on idle. Check that the noise goes away when depressing the clutch.

Hopefully they have knocked off money for the failside bodykit, but I guess you can always replace that ;)

Guest steve_supra

think has 700 or 740 injectors but not sure about make or model or fuel pump etc, iv managed to knock him down to 13k you think good buy? its not the original T78 its the newer model from what i can see and lags not to shabby to be honest

Guest steve_supra

ello me old bean :0) long time no see, well its the only one i have seen that i like the look off and with a nice spec. trying to find out if had any problems etc and if its worth the money? seen my other half down at monthind lately daman?!

ello me old bean :0) long time no see, well its the only one i have seen that i like the look off and with a nice spec. trying to find out if had any problems etc and if its worth the money? seen my other half down at monthind lately daman?!

Personally I think its too much, but then I havent seen it. If its perfect then 13k is a resonable price.

Monthind - thats a name I havent heard in a while. Contract lost there, so dont have to go see them any more :D :innocent: Which one was your missus?

Guest steve_supra

hannah sayward, brown hair. slimish. yer anyone got the guys number who used to own it. usaully reason why someone gets rid of a car. guy tells me at dealer he brought it then wanted to do some work on a pontiac or summin. yer hannah said that you guys lost contract... doh! then again her place are tight as ducks assholes anyways