The mkiv Supra Owners Club

glass or plastic headlights

peter richards

never really bothered tbh , cars in pretty good nick , but at llandow being next to some very nice examples showed just how bad mine are now.

so do i go plastic i think facelift , correct me if im wrong guys or glass.

thanks peter

go glass! its the way forwards peter!

Glass look the nicest for sure, no yellowing, ever :)

Personally I'd go for a new set of glass ones, split them then paint the backs graphite. Although on a silver car going with the darker colour backs isn't really worth the effort especially with a brand new set of lights.

This is a bit stupid, and I have tried to find examples to get to the bottom of it, but could someone post a picture of pre-facelift and facelift models?

My headlights are HID and bright white, but the full beam ones are a little yellow looking.

never really bothered tbh , cars in pretty good nick , but at llandow being next to some very nice examples showed just how bad mine are now.

so do i go plastic i think facelift , correct me if im wrong guys or glass.

thanks peter

Peter,

Just checked out your web site, How the f**k do you get an engine bay to look like that, if you could get mine to look that good I'd pay your mileage to come and do it. WOW impressive stuff and a very good advert for your business.

Chris.

Edited by chrisrigpig
Typo (see edit history)

spoke to steve today and the price is £318.78 inc vat and delivery.

Toyota have stopped the 'loyality scheme' (where you could get up to 20% off most parts). You can now only get the discount if you buy the parts through the service department ie Toyota make on the labour also.

I'm wondering whether Steve can't get away with offering the discount anymore, due to this reason?

Peter,

Just checked out your web site, How the f**k do you get an engine bay to look like that, if you could get mine to look that good I'd pay your mileage to come and do it. WOW impressive stuff and a very good advert for your business.

Chris.

thanks chris for the compliment ,

heres a pic of brett jones supra engine we travelled down to detail his car after hed just got it