The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New MKIV guy

dmd0652

Hey everyone. I'm the new owner of a 1997 Limited Edition Twin Turbo Supra. Completely original car, 45k, with BPU's, black targa with tan leather in near perfect condition. I'm crazy about the car and so like every other supra owner want to share. Catch you later.

Supra Pic 1a.jpg

Supra Pic 2a.jpg

Supra pic 3.jpg

Welcome aboard dmd0652, lovely looking car you have there.

Hi :) How come the U.S Supra's always have chrome looking stock wheels?!!

They don't always but that finish was available over there so some do.

They wouldn't last long in a salty UK winter.

Thanks guys. Not all the US Supras have chrome wheels, in fact most of them don't. This one came stock with the chrome. Not sure if it's part of the Limited Edition package or what but they do look nice. Yeah the only thing I'm looking at doing to the exterior is the TRD hood scoop, lower front lip, and some adjustable shocks to lower it about an inch, but that's all next year. In the upcoming week I'm fabbing and installing an insulated air box, removing the EGR system (heard horror stories of that), swapping my HKS FCD with a Greddy BCC, and installing an FMIC. With the FMIC install I understand I'll have to relocate my coolant resevoir, and I'll also be putting in a radiator plate. Not sure if I'm going to buy one or fab my own. While I'm sure I can find alot in the tech section, if anyone's got any pointers on any of this I'm open for suggestions. I'll try to remember to get pictures as I go.

Welcome aboard dmd0652, lovely looking car you have there.

They don't always but that finish was available over there so some do.

They wouldn't last long in a salty UK winter.

I see :) It was just I have never seen one with the chrome wheels in the UK, and notice loads of U.S members have them.

I also just noticed this is an aerotop! It really isn't fair the U.S got facelift TT aerotops :(

Nice car that one and some sensible mods you got planned :) glad your not on the single bandwagon straight away

Thanks. Yeah if I had my pick I would stay sequential twins all the way. Problem is you can't get the high hp on the stock twins, you supposedly can't safely modify them, and the only aftermarket sequential twin setup runs about 12k here in the states. Outside of that I'm kinda lost for ideas...

Chrome look is king stateside, i

dont think they come out of thf

box like that though.

Yeah they do, it was a US factory option.

Welcome to the site btw, your car looks real nice. Reminds me of mine when I first picked it up 6 years ago as Had about that mileage. :)