The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hi from the "frogs eaters" 's country

babou88

Hello!

to start: sorry for my language, I went to schooll and learn english for 10 years at least but i'm still bad!

:rolleyes:

What I do Here??

I love this car, it make me dream!

I actually look for a TT manual , and your's are cheaper than a french one.

The bad point is : RHD :innocent:

but I think it's not a serious problem with practice.

I know i Have to buy a real UK (not an import)

and with the help of a french forum, I have a little bit knowhedge about this car (just basics!)

If I bought one, I just want to do BPU or something like that, I don't want a monster with 1000 BHP, 400 are a good target I think!

for exterior, I don't like bodykit , just a little pull down and wheels (or not: original car is beautiful too!)

to introduce myself :

25 years

I love motorcycles ( I have a Yamaha R1 2004 and go on tracks sometimes)

Actually I restore a lancia delta Integrale 16V, but I don't Know when she will go back on road, because it's the first time I go so far in repairs (engine block is open!)

one picture of the actual delta's condition :

http://free0.hiboox.com/images/2509/f3371935fee7445dbf48fbb4c977d0a2.jpg

(I bought it already disassembled)

I live in a french region with some mountains (Lorraine - Vosges in east of france)

and it's really cool to drive in those mountain's roads! (on motorbike or car)

that's all folks!

Hope you understand all i wrote, and hope I bought one quickly!

Good bye

Bastien

Edited by babou88 (see edit history)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Always happy to welcome folk that keep the value of my Supra high :D;)

GRR!

that's why I want to do that right now, before others french assholes like me do it. Most of yours UK "supercars" are (or will be) out of your borders (RX7,supra,...)

A good supra with LHD, TT & manual in france : it's at least 23000€, so 19378 GBP!!

some dealers import and homologates TT & manual from japan (JDM) and it cost at least 20000 euros

Hi and welcome to the forum. R1's are nice bikes and you have decent roads there to use them so enjoy the bike.

There's a few TT UK supra's in our classifieds section at the moment :)

thank's! I love my bike, some pics:

http://free0.hiboox.com/images/2609/6fd06efdfb1eb2272ebb811b4d89bcf0.jpg

http://free0.hiboox.com/images/2409/beac1285b4850e61294d82d6fd9829ca.jpg

http://free0.hiboox.com/images/2409/9531e087a8590b312da4703703eb3441.jpg

http://free0.hiboox.com/images/2409/00371367c88f582cc7dc43410066ffa2.jpg

and on hockenheimring:

http://free0.hiboox.com/images/2609/f29b5efa20b001c3482da4ae36c91ae2.jpg

Real good roads too!

Poor rear tyre!

:D

YES, I look in the classified section and there is some interesting things!! :D

thanks a lot for all the welcoming messages!

@ martini : dont speak too quickly, I try but ... you will see If i still write "good english" in my next posts!

generally, I speak better english when I'm drunk, but with a keyboard it's different!

@ L18msy : bonjour !

@Swampy442: salut (with a T) ! , and I know, french language is hard for you, but you don't need to learn it, because nobody use it (except french people!)

(while english is universal) british peopple who learn french , it's just for fun or to impress girls ! no ?? :D

goodnight

Bastien

• 6 years later...

Hello!

after more than 6 years, I'm back here!

I almost buy a SUPRA MKiv in 2009, but the seller make me a trick, and I haven't yet drive this beast

( short story : take 3 days with my wife to come in england in 2009, to buy a UK spec MKiv , have phoned to the seller many time before. ferry booked, Eurotunnel, the night in london all is OK, I take the train to go near the seller live, in the train i tell him by SMS " I'm in the train and come in 30min, he respond me: the car is sold yesterday night, i touhgt it was you...... ????? so i return in London, search on piston head and find a Clio V6 phase 1 , bought it and return in France with it, but without any Supra....)

hope you have understand...

SO!

after RHD clio V6 Phase 1, i have bought 964 tiptro, another clio V6 (LHD) and mitsu Evo TME ...

But Now, i decided to return on my First Idea = MKiv SUPRA!

have bidding this night on japanese auctions, but prices are crazy!

so, I 've checked this day on internet and found this lovely black UK MKiv (only one bad point: auto)

http://www.artcarsales.co.uk/used-cars/toyota-supra-3-0-turbo-turbo-3dr-bradford-201511148694897

Can someone tell me:

- dealer is serious?

- car is known here?

(I dont' want to do another trip in UK "for nothing" ...)

I don't know where i can post this, so i do it on my introduction..

if someone can help....

Thanks

Bastien

ok, thanks DnK, I 've checked the MOt and mileage seems to be OK

(64 000 in 2006 => 76 000 in 2009 => 93000 in 2012,....) and last mot said only : Offside Rear wheel bearing has slight play (2.6.2), so minor issue.

it seem it a good dealer car, I hope i will not do another trip and not bring a Supra...

is it possible to make a sort of account to reserve the car and have a refund if i don't take it ? something like that exist in UK?

Edit:

and Matt RR : your R1 is a 2003 or 2002 model, mine was the model after, the first with the 2 exhaust under the rear seat.

unfortunately, since I've bought the mitsubishi, i don't have enough money to buy a bike .. it's only a car now...

OK, mais tu penses que cet acompte est remboursable si je ne prends pas la voiture au final ? (rouille découverte sur place,....)

je vais me renseigner aussi sur ce qu'il faut modifier pour la passer en V160 ...

OK, i think i will make a deposit, but can I be refunded if the car isn't as described (rust,...) when i go to take her ?

will check what's mod are necessary to put a V160 on it...

ok, thanks DnK, I 've checked the MOt and mileage seems to be OK

(64 000 in 2006 => 76 000 in 2009 => 93000 in 2012,....) and last mot said only : Offside Rear wheel bearing has slight play (2.6.2), so minor issue.

it seem it a good dealer car, I hope i will not do another trip and not bring a Supra...

is it possible to make a sort of account to reserve the car and have a refund if i don't take it ? something like that exist in UK?

Edit:

and Matt RR : your R1 is a 2003 or 2002 model, mine was the model after, the first with the 2 exhaust under the rear seat.

unfortunately, since I've bought the mitsubishi, i don't have enough money to buy a bike .. it's only a car now...

Likewise I had to ditch the bike to fund the car in the end :( could of sworn it was an 04 but then it has been 7 years since I had it so you are probably right :)

Hello,

no, insurance in France don't mind if it's RHD or LHD, insurance company even don't ask if it's a RHD or LHD, it's the same cost.

a 1000 GBP deposit is realistic for the car posted above ??

I just don't want to be tricked, and send money to a fraund / false dealer ....

Go on google maps and use street view to look at the dealers garage, put the garages postcode into google maps search box BD1 2JX

Its a fenced off compound with a porta cabin for an office, rammed full of everyday cars and nothing really special, the Supra is

the most expensive car on their used car list

Can't really help other than I've searched the garage via google and can't find any horror stories

about them but worth looking your self, also call them to see what they come across like on the

phone

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

£1000 deposit seems OK: it's just under 10% of the value. From Dnk's description of their compund, it sounds quite normal, and better than some of the traders out there *cough* High Wycombe *cough*. Ideally I'd like to see them take photos in their compound- it looks like the cars are photographed elsewhere when they are put up for sale. Not enough to put you off going to see it, but just beware.

Maybe a local member on here could take a look for you?

Hi!

thanks a lot for your help!

I have phone this afternoon on the compound phone (not cellphone) to be sure there is someone at the office, and someonepick up the phone and know about the supra...

so it's a good point! normally do the deposit tomorrow...

Maybe a local member on here could take a look for you?

it would be really cool if someone can do that, and of course i can pay a beer in return when i come in leeds to take the car...

Good night, the next 15 nights will be difficult for me !! :)

Best regards