The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra prices

chunk

Been thinking of wether to sell or not! :search: or do i wait for the current climate to get better and have it for summer..

just thought i would see what the prices of our beloved cars are at. I mean i have seen a few good ones going for around 8k and then some of a little higher spec for early teens..

Just wondered if anyone knew the rates at what cars are worth in this current climate?

Dont want to get into another one of these "how much is my car worth" stories really. Just meerly wanted to know what the prices are at

anyone?

With yours being what it is mate i would say its on the very high end of the spectrum.

You cant realy say "oh its worth between x and y" because cars like yours dont come up for sale :p.

I would say mid to late teens to be honnest.

na's tend to go for 2-5k,

tt's anywhere from 5 to 8-9 depending on spec and if its manual etc.

Singles are upwards of that.

A single aero 6 speed is a rare thing indeed :p

Ill swap you for my UK spec :p

Edited by Guigsy (see edit history)

With yours being what it is mate i would say its on the very high end of the spectrum.

You cant realy say "oh its worth between x and y" because cars like yours dont come up for sale :p.

I would say mid to late teens to be honnest.

na's tend to go for 2-5k,

tt's anywhere from 5 to 8-9 depending on spec and if its manual etc.

Singles are upwards of that.

A single aero 6 speed is a rare thing indeed :p

Ill swap you for my UK spec :p

Late teens would be nice but i cannot see that in this current climate :)

Guest steve_supra

simple rule with any car, the more diferent it is the more it will go for, every car iv brought has always had either kit or maybe low millege either just a few things that will hold the value, main 3 things that effect price are looks engine and millege if your cars got all 3 your laughing, iv just sold my civic type are that i picked up for 3,750 for 4,650 on those guidelines and same with my old supra. just what i do lol

• 1 month later...
no one got any more input on this?

My new Supra wasn't exactly cheap but it was a snip compared to the money it would have taken for a normal Supra to be modded to my desired spec level.

I knew that I would have to stump up the cash so that's what I did.

At the end of the day, if someone wants a nice car then they will have to pay for the privilege - there are no free tickets in this life.

I get so fecked off by people who want everything for nothing. If someone can't afford a Supra then off you go and buy a Corsa - easy as that!!

I suppose you could test the market and put it up for sale with nice pics and clear spec (perhaps not on here though?)

Ask for £17,995 - I just made that up.

Anyway, see if you get any interest.

In the end with any product, the price is determined by what people are willing to pay, so who knows? :)

I think as said many times before, if somebody sees and likes a Supra enough then they will buy it no matter what the price is.

Put mine up for sale over a month ago and had a couple of people interested but i guess they banked on knocking me down, but i am not going to compromise, as i think its a fair price and i don't need to sell, and in fact i haven't bothered to push it, as i may still change my mind and keep it, i keep getting lots of PX offerers from my Pistonheads add, but nothing i like so far.

simple rule with any car, the more diferent it is the more it will go for

Not really, the more different it is the more you limit your market.

You modify a car to your taste, you are then looking for someone that shares the same taste as you, that's why stock examples hold their value better as the model gets older.

IMO of course :)