The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra vs GTR R35 on track

Chiefgroover

Had the GTR on track today.

Managed a 1M 04sec lap, thats 6 seconds quicker than my Z.

Car had nissans track geometry.

Still convinced I'll beat that time in the Supra.

Despite the hype, I personally dont believe the Nissan 7m 29 sec time in a supposed stock motor on the ring. I think tricks were pulled.

I will keep you posted next month.

I think Porsche was arguing that also, there was a video posted up here not so long back on it the bloke was saying that Porsche had bought a stock R35 and with one of there own test drivers couldnt get anywhere close to the supposed time Nissan had put out , Porsche evan put track tyres on and still couldnt get the time! In response Nissan said that Porsche needed better drivers :D

Still a very quick and extremely well priced car though !

I think Porsche was arguing that also, there was a video posted up here not so long back on it the bloke was saying that Porsche had bought a stock R35 and with one of there own test drivers couldnt get anywhere close to the supposed time Nissan had put out , Porsche evan put track tyres on and still couldnt get the time! In response Nissan said that Porsche needed better drivers :D

Still a very quick and extremely well priced car though !

You guys should read last months review in Car Magazine! They tested it round the track...and you got to remember if a Porsche came back and said yes it did manage to do it in 7:28 then they would look pretty stupid! After all the test reviews, you can not get a bigger car pound for pound!

Remember the Top Gear track and Jeremey said it wont do too well on this track because it is a power track? An it only came in half a second slower then a £850k Bugatti Veyron!

You a lucky man Chief to have both! Or at least drive the R35

You guys should read last months review in Car Magazine! They tested it round the track...and you got to remember if a Porsche came back and said yes it did manage to do it in 7:28 then they would look pretty stupid! After all the test reviews, you can not get a bigger car pound for pound!

Remember the Top Gear track and Jeremey said it wont do too well on this track because it is a power track? An it only came in half a second slower then a £850k Bugatti Veyron!

You a lucky man Chief to have both! Or at least drive the R35

it was faster than the buggati:)

Nissan have lied to me about lots of things.

1. delivery dates - they kept changing

2. price of parts - giving me massive quotes with large round figures

3. warranty - as time went by it changed to "drive it like Granny" and dont track it

4. tyres - you can only buy from Nissan @ £600+, actually tirerack.com can do for $373

5. servicing - variety of prices

6. Imports - "IF an import car is plugged into our machine, it will shut it down and we loose our dealership". I know a guy with an import who they put a light out for and chanrged him £120 per hour!

7. You cannot take the car home on a trailer unregistered, we would loose our dealership.

8. IF you want to put someone elses name on the tax book when new you must pay the dealer a £1000 fine as Nissan will fine the dealer, and they use Nissans system to tax the car when new so they will know and they check every car.

9. "The paint finish will be superb", the plastics are a bad match.

10. "The on board computer can tell if you have been to a track and keeps record of every gear change and parameter of the car while being driven". Middlehust have said thats total balls.

NISSAN - stick with selling Micra's, you cant sell £50K plus cars, your service and lies are awful. Never again.

Edited by Chiefgroover (see edit history)

3. warranty - as time went by it changed to "drive it like Granny" and dont track it

4. tyres - you can only buy from Nissan @ £600+, actually tirerack.com can do for $373

6. Imports - "IF an import car is plugged into our machine, it will shut it down and we loose our dealership". I know a guy with an import who they put a light out for and chanrged him £130 per hour!

7. You cannot take the car home on a trailer unregistered, we would loose our dealership.

8. IF you want to put someone elses name on the tax book when new you must pay the dealer a £1000 fine as Nissan will fine the dealer, and they use Nissans system to tax the car when new so they will know and they check every car.

10. "The on board computer can tell if you have been to a track and keeps record of every gear change and parameter of the car while being driven". Middlehust have said thats total balls.

NISSAN - stick with selling Micra's, you cant sell £50K plus cars, your service and lies are awful. Never again.

Oh my, talk about big brother watching you.....

6. Imports - "IF an import car is plugged into our machine, it will shut it down and we loose our dealership". I know a guy with an import who they put a light out for and chanrged him £120 per hour!

I still want one :(

This isnt impossible and is easy to do so why lie about it.

Doesnt it de-limit itself when on a circuit, therefore if it knows where you are, I am guessing it uses GPS. I would also assume that the ECU in the GTR has a lot of logging capability so all the other functions are no big deal.

I would hazard a guess that there is some truth behind that statement ;)

This isnt impossible and is easy to do so why lie about it.

Doesnt it de-limit itself when on a circuit, therefore if it knows where you are, I am guessing it uses GPS. I would also assume that the ECU in the GTR has a lot of logging capability so all the other functions are no big deal.

I would hazard a guess that there is some truth behind that statement ;)

Middlehursts have admitted to a customer i have spoken to that its nonsense, and they cannot give that amount of detail.

The car has NO limiter, i recently got 192mph out of it while out of the country.

Middlehursts have admitted to a customer i have spoken to that its nonsense, and they cannot give that amount of detail.

The car has NO limiter, i recently got 192mph out of it while out of the country.

I presume the limiter is removed when it leaves Japan? Due to the speed govenering all Jap cars are 112mph limited surely and the GTR is not exception.

I would personally think if you spoke to a Nissan Dealer sales person they would hardly know much about the GTR as bulk of the sales would be like the Micra and Primera etc. Though the tech guys at the top end should know what they are talking about. I believe data like this can be logged as mentioned above it is pretty easy to do this!

Oh big brother!

Seen you going round kirky yesterday Ernie after speaking to you. It may be slower than the supra but it didn't look it. Does look very tidy though on track.

I'll have to torture you for a run out the next time.

Gav.

IF it goes back, it EATS tyres lol, anyway 4wd is boring and for women, gays and small childern lol :)