The mkiv Supra Owners Club

BOV Whistle ??!

Lee_e

hey guys

im sure you've been asked this many a time but need a quik answer and the search didnt fork up anything helpful.

basically i have the HKS racing type ii fitted to my TT auto jspec , im getting annoyed as to why just when driving in 1st gear at 1.2k revs i get the bov start whistling then gets louder and higher pitched when giving more revs etc then when letting off i get the usual woosh sound,

so really its the whistle leading up to it which im getting annoyed about, would i bennefit from a hks ssqv ? or is it something else?

oh and it sounds like a jet engine lol if that helps.

cheers guys

could possibly be the turbos spooling but im sure it shouldnt make that much noise. the thing that gives it away is probably when im standing still in my drive and give it revs its not untill i hit 4 or 5k i can hear the whistle, does that mean its the spooling of the turbos? thanks

hahaha love the video , and yess i am lucky it doesnt sound like that.

i like the whole spooling of the turbos thing but sometimes i just want to cruise etc and all i hear as soon as i touch the gas pedal is the whistle, im sure this is not right ?! or is it ? what can i do to cancel out this noise or atleast reduce it a bit?

hahaha love the video , and yess i am lucky it doesnt sound like that.

i like the whole spooling of the turbos thing but sometimes i just want to cruise etc and all i hear as soon as i touch the gas pedal is the whistle, im sure this is not right ?! or is it ? what can i do to cancel out this noise or atleast reduce it a bit?

Go Na ?