The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fookin radiator fury!!!! How much £

themodifiedkid

Here we go. Being as it is a nice day i decided to my my polished top rad pipe that i got on here via group buy.

Firstly i drained the fluid down to below the pipe so when i took the old pipe of it wouldn't come gushing out.

So far so good.

Next i undid the pipe clips on the existing pipe, I then pull it off and fook me it pulled off half the plastic spout that comes from the radiator to allow you to clamp the pipe onto, the plastic had just rotted basically. So i tried to adapt it so i could clamp the pipe down but there is literally about 10mm to bite onto, needless to say the water poured out so looks like i need a new rad.:(

Now to my next part does anyone no of a cheapish replacement radiator for tt auto, or does anybody have one lying around :blink:

It is safe to say im really hacked off, but i suppose its lucky i came across it now rather than being miles from home a the pipe popping off.

there identical except the auto rad has bulit in autobox cooler, manual rad doesnt.

Is this easy to remedy, i done a search and saw about the auto one has built in autobox cooler, what would be needed to fix this. Do I get an after market autobox cooler, and does this have to be fitted to the rad. As you can tell im useless when it comes to engine knowledege. I can do it when told how but as I said knowledge is vast.

Also can anyone recommend a half decent Alloy one, Ive seen the ASI one but does anyone recommend these.

Sorry for the rookie questions:innocent:

Next i undid the pipe clips on the existing pipe, I then pull it off and fook me it pulled off half the plastic spout that comes from the radiator to allow you to clamp the pipe onto, the plastic had just rotted basically.

The pipes always seem to stick very firmly to the rad even with the metal clips removed...........too late to be any help to you but I always try to break the seal by using a small screw driver around the lip of the pipe gradually and gently forcing it further down the pipe/along the rad plastic as you go around the whole joint. When you can hold the fully squashable pipe thats just off the radiator and twist it and see the pipe on the rad twist too then you should be able to remove the pipe with very little effort. :)

The pipes always seem to stick very firmly to the rad even with the metal clips removed...........too late to be any help to you but I always try to break the seal by using a small screw driver around the lip of the pipe gradually and gently forcing it further down the pipe/along the rad plastic as you go around the whole joint. When you can hold the fully squashable pipe thats just off the radiator and twist it and see the pipe on the rad twist too then you should be able to remove the pipe with very little effort. :)

I did manipulate it gently but it must have been on its last legs as i picked the broken pieces up and they just crumbled between my fingers.

I have done extensive google searches with no luck so can anyone point me in the direction of the GOLPHER radiators that some on here have recommended:search:

There ya go mate, mines fab and was delivered in about 2 days

http://www.carcooling.co.uk/catalog/Toyota_Supra_86_99-1217-1.html

Cheers mate i did see these which i will probably more than likely go for, i just thought if i was going to replace my rad I would try my like at getting a reasonable price alu one for looks:cool: as well as practicality. Ideally want the golpher one that people rave about:D