The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Import rear clusters to UK car

Branners

Apparently the plugs on the both UK and JSpec rear lights are the same apart from the pin for the foglight. You can lose that pin easily enough if the JSpec light's plug doesn't have the hole for the pin to go into.

ps: STILL haven't had those bank details from you for that Sony remote !

I recently done this mod and all you have to do is separate the fog light and reverse light from the loom, look at the pattern of the lugs on the light and using a craft knife, make one of the lug holes in the light a bit bigger and that's it. Stick the fog in the red one and the reverse in the white one. Done :)

Originally posted by leett

you need to do a small bit of wiring as reverse light is in wrong place and thats definite as i had a jspec light on my uk for a while

I'm a bit confused by this. When I put UK tails on my J-spec I checked out all the pin outs and they were identical except for a vacant location in each plug where the rear fog lamp should be.

Surely it should work in reverse so JDM tails should just plug straight into the UK loom?

Got some facelift rear light clusters off Gaz :D

Now, about the fog light mod, I guess the info and wiring diagrams on this mod (TRL one) relates to a Jap spec, adding the relays etc to give a set of fogs in the rear cluster rather than seperate?

What about us UK lot, surely it's just a case of sorting the wires out as the switch and relay are already there?

I'd like to sort this really as I don't want to hang on to my old lights just for MOT time.

Cheers, Paul.