The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Help which exhaust

Ian R

I've had my TT GZ auto supe for about 7 months is completely stock apart from an Apexi induction kit on its way to me to be fitted ans a HKS type 1 TTimer (fitting on Thurs)

So i've got around £700 burning a whole in my pocket for new exhaust whats the best to buy and who from ??????

Also i've just had fitted some 18 inch alloys with Toyo Proxes but I've sarted to get shakes through steering while from 100 mph upwards any ideas ?

They are similar sized piping and backbox, very well made.

Full titanium so only weight 6kg as opposed to RSR and Nurspec's 35kg.

Ground clearance Im told is better than both but haven't verified with with my own eyes. Sounds amazing too, I've not come across a stainless system that sounds as good as titanium ones...

Gaz.

Originally posted by Gaz Walker

I've not come across a stainless system that sounds as good as titanium ones...

Gaz.

Thats why i had to have that Veilside one off you Gaz when i bought my car! It was essential that i had it LOL, Ti exhausts are great!

I'd buy that Greddy one anyday if i didn't have the Veilside, depends how much you want to spend though mate :)

Paul

Originally posted by Gaz Walker

Full titanium so only weight 6kg as opposed to RSR and Nurspec's 35kg.

35 Kg's?

thats 77lb m8 (who ate all the pies exhausts from oop norf!)

No way - RSR's are approx 12.5Kgs and ground clearance as per stock (give or take a cm)

So the difference is £150 and 6.5KGs:p

Originally posted by Ian R

Gotta go now keep the opinions coming will be buying tommorow morning Think the Greddy has got the vote at the mo !!

Nice exhaust m8 - no doubt

No idea what they sound like though - so would be interesting to actually get a few comparisons

Cant find the link with these on mkiv.net?:confused:

I found another link with loads of recordings the other day too?

Originally posted by Paul

Blitz Nur Spec :thumbs: Sounds great even on tickover, lovely burble.

Got mine in about October, no regrets, it's how a MKIV should sound :)

Paul

I haven't heard the greddy Ti (so no comment there)

Gaz, Pauls right on the RSR - its in the docs (albeit under a jap heading - and give or take a couple of grams)

I have heard an RSR and a Nur and I would say by far the RSR is a better sound at tickover, low and high rev. It burbles on tick-over ... goes into TVR in low revs and up into formula one on high revs.

Ask mcanny, I took mine round to his yesterday and just rolling up to his door he thought it was the TVR from round the corner come to piss him off.

If I had that much money to waste (see-spend) I would by a full titanium just to say I had it and I am pretty sure that if gaz says its good then it is, but for £450 squid I was pissing my self all the way back to the garage to buy more bits with the money I saved.

It's all down to personal choice, three catagories sound, looks, cost - I would say you need to see/hear all three to make up your mind properly. The other nice thing about the RSR is it's still big but has brilliant ground clearance (something sometimes people complain about with the NUr always hitting the deck) - as said b4 I havent seen or heard the greddy.

Good luck, I am sure you will be more than happy with any of those 3 exhausts anyway :)

Gaz you have PM reply - ta

Originally posted by stealthhosts

Aye, get me laddo to do one for ya, one-off, no frills hardcore zorst .

I would have done if he was nearer to me.

You can have all the frills you like, we make it to suit you.

Termy, Loudness is our speciality :D and special discount for certain underground members ;) :)