The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Going out in the Supra today after purchasing 2 months ago!

DSK

Been up since 6:30am, wiped the crap off the car cover, connected my phone to the Parrot system again and have not really driven the car since pruchase as I needed someone to come out and sort my misfire out (ignition coil) and replaced my battery. Had that sorted last week and before that my insurance on it ran out as well. Just waiting for insurers to open (tried to call at 8am but they don't open until 9am - f*cking lazy sods) so I can pay and get out on the road and give it a run. Going to relatives later in Coventry so should be a nice run out for it.

Roll on 9am :eyebrows:

I purchased it from Aberdeen, drove back and was stunned as it really was a nice fit between my C70 and the family 996T. Done the odd trip in it within that week burt after thats it been standing (due to having to wait for my mechanic to get to me).

I'm now relentlessly phoning the insurers on the off chance an early bird comes in lol :D

Just got back from running errands and gym, wow the cars great, heaps of speed when you want it, lots of attention but..... f*ck me do idiots in Corsa's, Focus's and the like give you a hard time tailgaiting or driving like idiots around you and add to that the usual 2.0Tdi crew in Audis, Peugeots etc :mad:

Chat to you folks later, going to see if I can enjoy a leisurely motorway cruise.

My mother came along today and she loved the Supra and she's nearly 60 years old!! She had her doubts but was left amazed and she's having a go next weekend herself!

The car performed superbly and I am really happy I held out rather than having to get another M5. Low noise within reason, excellent fuel economy, superb chassis, nice comfort and the single turbo was plenty. Even cruised upto 140-50mph a few times and my mother even said she felt like being in an aeroplane and also said that she's more happy at that speed (which is nothing really) compared to my previous M5. Other than this its was just a nice steady 80mph cruise control job on the motorway and usual 20-30mph stroll around the city roads.

I did get a chap in a Volvo S40 D5 try it on around the city centre, I just let him go (not into f*cking about in unsuitable conditions). I have a T5 so know what the quick Volvo's are like. I also got a couple of younger types in Focus diesels just buzzing around me on the motorway, just flooring it straight after I went past and then slowing down again, probably trying to goat me for a race but I really couldn't really care less... what do I have to prove?

Overall, the Supra I can honestly say will be like my C70 T5 where I just love it more and more as time goes by.