The mkiv Supra Owners Club

arches

wilson4347

finaly got off my arse and sorted my arches today, instead of paying bodyshop to do it just got the 4" grinder out, masked the side of the car up and off i went, cleaned the cut up with emery cloth and sealed them with hammerite, would definatey recommend people doing this over rolling, its very simple and you dont damage the wings!

Thought id use a post:d

i did mean the lip on the rears yes, not the actual arch, would you recommend something different to seal the bare metal? ive seen rolled arches make wavy wings before so cowboy or not i stil have tidy panels:p

Just get someone who knows what they're doing to do it, like I did. Mine have lasted about 2 years with no paint issues at all.

only fractionaly, around 2 to 3mm, they were just catching m tyre wall very slightly on bad parts of the road, i realise my thread may have sound as if i had done a massacre with the grinder, sorry

lol yep, it sounded like you was bored...so you took an angle grinder to your car! :blink: