The mkiv Supra Owners Club

In process of New Purchase

Guest rjevans

Guest rjevans

Hey guys,

My Name is Ryan, I am in the process of buying a 1996 Toyota Supra Twin Turbo Aerotop. The car as done just under 30,000 miles and is immaculate throughout as you can imagine.

Im paying 7k for te car, which I feel is a bargain, The car is 100% standard in stock form at te moment, and seems metaculously maintained.

I am looking for power gains taking the total to around the 550-600 bhp mark. What would be te best way to achieve this?

Is it true this can be done with a remap, boost controller exhaust and induction?!?!?

I feel it is unlikely, but have seen several treads stating otherwise.

Cheers in advance guys.

Here are a couple of pics of my new motor Will also be having full body respray bringing it back too like new!

No thats not possible. sorry :p You have described BPU, It should get you 370-400bhp

You cant remap the stock ecu. you would have to get a piggypack system. but it wouldnt get you that much gain.

And dont change the induction. Your better off with the cold air feed from the stock system. rather than sucking in warm air from under the bonnet. Just change the pannel filter for a trd/blitz or something.

550 - 600 bhp is easily into single turbo territory.

Quite a lot of money. Easily the same ammount you spent buying the car.

Very nice looking car through. Rare aswell! :) :thumbs:

Edited by Guigsy (see edit history)

Guest rjevans

Thats cool, I didnt expect it was true anyway :)

I just fell in love with the car, I suppose, if I just go BPU it should remain reliable and a stable daily driver.

Im just so pleased to find a TT Aerotop, with such low milage! Cant complain.

Thanks for the advice guys. Always appreciated, heres a pic of what I did with my SILVER fto (Which I still have), gives you an idea of what my style is like, Supra will be a much more detailed project though...

Guest rjevans
Looks nice, but whats the writing on the bonnet:blink:

Its a fresh import, for some reason details were written on the bonnet instead of the screen, its just a water marker, wipes clear.

Not sure what Colour I will be respraying it yet either.