The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Went to Centre Of Gravity Today

jimmy_supra

Went to centre of gravity today, I booked it in a few months ago as they have a 4 week waiting list. The reason being I had coilovers fitted and 19 inch wheels and the handling was shocking to say the least. So a month of driving like a girl and only when it was dry.

Got there at half nine this morning. I had a full geometry setup done and damper setup for £287.50. He said the rides heights were spot on and corner weight setup would not benefit me as it was more for track and fast street use.

Didn't leave until 1:30, spent the whole time watching, talking, taking pictures and drinking coffee :). Will upload the pictures later. Also the data sheets.

Once it was on the ramp he loosened all the nuts and bolts he needed to work on. His comments were "this is the cleanest supra I have ever worked on" never needed a drop of oil to free any of the nuts off he then recommended that I get it all sealed underneath to preserve the condition of it.

Once he was all set up and he started to do the checks it became obvious why my handling was so bad, the left rear was running -2°42' and the cross camber -1°08' his words were "its a widow maker".

Once he was all done he took it out for a test drive with me as a passenger, first test was how quickly it would go around a roundabout at 15mph I was nervous as its only a small roundabout, he got it up to 24mph before there was any tyre squeal and it was wet with cold tyres. He was happy with that as he said a nsx on a dry day only managed 19mph.

Then it was A Roads then dual carriageway and abs braking and then onto the B Roads and then it was my turn, I was amazed at the transformation no more stepping out on boost, just got to learn to drive it with the new settings now and learn the limits.

If anyone has any problems with there car due to having modified the suspension or wheels or just general suspension issues then chris is the man. As he said the stock suspension is set up with cruising in mind and straight line speed. He can set it inline with how you drive the car and the type of roads you mainly travel on.

As a follow up he said he will be intouch in a couple weeks for some feedback and how the car is handling. Its hard to find people who offer a good service these days but chris is a true professional and true to his word.

Edited by jimmy_supra (see edit history)

Got there at half nine this morning. I had a full geometry setup done and damper setup for £287.50. He said the rides heights were spot on and corner weight setup would not benefit me as it was more for track and fast street use.

Didn't leave until 1:30, spent the whole time watching, talking, taking pictures and drinking coffee

The information is there, try reading the post!