The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hose clamps

nige

For IC pipes? Mikalor or similar are very good. If it's the IC pipe that's popping off the most common issue is the pipe lacking a lip or metal bead around the end. This gives the clamp something to work against. Some of the cheap ebay kits are just straight pipes and these will always pop off, even with mikalor clamps.

Yeh I know about the lip fortunately my intelcooler has a lip,do any of the traders here do those clips?

Yes, I think most will be able to supply them. Whiftbitz would probably be your best bet if you're in a rush, otherwise try Nic and the US folks.

There's absolutely no reason a stock Jubilee clip shouldn't hold an I/C hose on with 4 bar behind it, something else is the cause. just crushing the hose sidewall to *uggery isn't the (correct) answer ;) As an aside why is it no one seems to cut Mikalor bolts to a sensible length when fitting them? They always seem to have about six inches of threaded fastener sticking out the side.

Thanks for that guys,got some Mikalor clips on the way.

your not putting silicone sealer on or something like that mate, i had issues with poping hoses and without a swaged end on the tube no clip (even mikalor) will hold it, eventually it will blow off, usually when you let off suddenly from high boost :(, as Chris says i swaged all the ends and a couple of joints have the crapiest jubilee style clips known to man on and they have never blown off since