The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Whats the difference????

Guest Nick200

Guest Nick200

I'm new to these supra's and the missus really likes them so my wrx may be going soon.

I really need to know the difference between the uk and imports and the various models because I dont like to make decisions without knowng all the facts.

Any help or links would help here.

Thanks Nick.

hello and welcome :D

if you go up to the menu in the top left, there's a tab called "imports", if you look on there you'll see "import supra differences". there's a lot of info in there OR you can click on the "search" key below the THOR racing banner, its been talked about many times before on here.

Briefly, UK cars are all TTs in auto or manual and have the creature comforts like standard leather seats, front headlight washers and a standard bonnet scoop. they also have the big brakes as standard. They were sold from 1993-1996 only

Jap cars don't have these as standard. Jspecs have ceramic turbos and smaller injectors, early Jspecs had the small brakes too. Jspec cars ceased production in japan about 2 years or so ago, the late Jspecs had the VVTI engine which gave an extra 25bhp or so. Import cars will generally have less rust as they dont use salt on the roads in japan.

thats about all i know, someone who knows there stuff will be along soon! :D

how much might you be sellling your scooby for?