The mkiv Supra Owners Club

best place to look for supra's

SupraRuss

after a uk spec one. viewed chris's(400bhpp) yesterday and its mint but wouldn't mind looking at a few others including manuals. dont really want a jap spec to be honest.

tried autotrader and exchange & mart but theres not much on there.

anyone got any suggestions?

Russ.

Originally posted by SupraRuss

after a uk spec one. viewed chris's(400bhpp) yesterday and its mint but wouldn't mind looking at a few others including manuals. dont really want a jap spec to be honest.

Russ.

there are never many uk's up for sale at any one time. I don't really know of anywhere to look outside of the places you mention, afterall the ones i've sold went straight on autotrader.

You may have to travel a bit to get to see a UK manual, probably best (if you're just curious about the manual) to try a test drive a dealer J-spec as one should be easier to find.

Originally posted by SupraRuss

Russ.

You've tried all the obvious places to be honest, I had a look on fish4cars but there wasn't much on there at the time, but its always worth a look.

Try all the importers dealers that you can find.

You've got to just keep looking about. The local car front from me recently had a UK car, but I never even thought about looking for a Supra there, so by the time I'd spotted it in their ad in the local paper, it had been snapped up, apparantly they'd had one the week before that didn't even make the ad, so you just never know where they might turn up.

Considering that there were only about 600 or so UK cars to start with, if you're not considering J spec, you could have a long wait.

I must admit the main advantage that I could personally see with a UK vs J spec car is the half price insurance, other than that its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other.

If you could be interested in a '98 VVTI tiptronic car, 36k miles with Blitz boost controller, HKS intercooler, TRL fcd and NUR spec exhaust, Clifford 300 and tracker give me a shout, and I'll pass the number on. I think the car could be bought for around 16-17k. I was offered it yesterday after I'd already done the deal on mine.

I'm well happy with what I've just bought, but this car could do someone a turn. I've driven the car and it sounds amazing and seems to go OK, but its difficult to tell when its pi**ing down with rain and in heavy traffic :)

I went for a J spec in the end because I could get a newer car (UK only available up to '96) with latest spec engine and transmission, lower mileage and most of the other goodies, big brakes, leather seats etc.

OK the insurance is expensive, but its what I've come to expect when driving a high performance (imported) car :(

Hi guys,

I think jap just as good, before I got my jap tt, I was looking for the uk manual model, after searching for long time, they either high miles or asking too much, so I bought my from a dealer with just 40k on clock and Im the first uk owner and the car is total origonal and the good think is still £4k cheaper then the high mileage uk car. and they drive just the same.

Buy cheap sell cheap, and I just had oil & filter change from AA/ Halford with mobil 1 + filter for just £30 AA member. Very good.

Well, UK ones have everything as standard, leather, bigger wheels breaks, lamp wash, ans most important bit is the speedo comes in MPH, I know japs one can be convert, but u have to convert it, that means the speedo had been touch and when u come to sell it that why its cheaper,

Any way I still bought a jap version, because I couldnt find a UK one, its so far so good, no troubel at all,

Tango.

Originally posted by tango

UK ones ..... most important bit is the speedo comes in MPH, I know japs one can be convert, but u have to convert it, that means the speedo had been touch and when u come to sell it

What's important about that then Tango mate? The most important thing to me when I'm buying a car isn't what the next owner is going to think of my speedo to MPH conversion.

Besides, I should think any prospective owner would prefer that you'd already had the job done.

You right Jake, who care whats afterwards, thats why I got the jap tt, still rev just as good, plenty power.

And if the supra is in the standard form, compare to the skyline r34, iare they any good, anyone ever had one? thats may be my next one.

Tango