The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Trackers?????

neilg

Hi everyone,

Just bought myselff a toad ai606 to put on my car as soon as it arrives. Also thinking of having a tracker with it, anyone got any advise for me at all? Particulars, Experience, cost?

Does it affect insurance, does it bring it down (baring in mind im 20 and just about to pay about £3000 to insure a jap spec TT)

Any help grateful

Yes its peace of mind for me more than anything. Got to say though if i can get some money of insurance by buying something worthwhile then its got to be worth doing

I resent giving all my hard earned money to those insurance to**ers:twak:

Yeah, it helps if they discount but Bell will load extra for aftermarket wheels, exhaust on mine but give sweet FA for having a Tracker ? :conf:

Mine was fitted from new when my mate got the car, 3yrs back I paid them £50 to 'service' the unit, they test and put a new battery pack in and change details over for this price.

Then it was £299 for as long as I own the car or £99 per year subscription, I went for the £299 so I'm getting to the quids in stage now.

Bear in mind that this is all without the initial cost of the unit which I seem to remember is about £600?

Paul

Thanks for your opinion, only thing is, my mate who used to fit clifford alarms for a living says the compleate opposite, clifford are awful and swears by toad. Just his opinion though not starting no arguments.

Anyway i have already bought the toad so thats whats going on. See how it goes:thumbs:

There is nothing wrong with Toad and the AI606 is the best they do, but you cant seem to change and get any of the features that the clifford does. And i am supprised that if he used to fit them he thinks they are Cr*p but then again one thing i hate is you cant seem to jump start a car with a clifford on it, not sure why but i have had about three on various cars and none of them would jump start:devil: , but to be fair the Toad alarm was not bad and i never had problems with it (apart from the sensor positions, which clifford dont have :) )

Anyway good luck and post which tracker you went for, dont get the Tracker Retreive its not very good and not even rated by most insurance companys like Tesco's. :)

Thanks Chris

I think his issue was that more problems seem to crop up with the clifford units rather than the toad ones. Not that there is anything actually wrong with the alarms as he says there good just a pain sometimes.

Going to look into the tracker a bit more