The mkiv Supra Owners Club

"If You Need The Jesus Handle"

Tricky-Ricky

LOL! my daughter Kiri and here fiancés Ben came round for Sunday dinner yesterday, and while chilling out afterwards, Kiri said "dad why don't you take us out in the Supra".

My daughter loves the supra, won't let here drive it though as she only past her test this year, as much as she keeps asking when I'll let her.

Well how could i refuse;) especially when she informs me that Ben is a little nervous of fast cars:devil:

Anyway we drive out of town to find a sensible bit of private road, and on the way i jokingly point out "the Jesus handle is right there Ben"

Gets to a nice straight bit of road, and i say I'll give it some beans, but not too much, anyway it starts to build boost and then its off with the usual drama and noise from the external waste gate making it suddenly sound like a jet fighter, and i hear a sharp intake of breath and an " oh shit" from poor Ben as he grasps the Jesus handle with white knuckles, followed by a titter in the back seat from Kiri:d

I was only running 1.1bar, and only took it up to about 120 leptons, didn't realise the poor lad was that nervous:innocent::eyebrows:

He did add that he had owned a Hyundai Coupe, which he thought was quite quick :eyebrows: and he though he had been in a quick car, but nothing had prepared him for the Supra:eyebrows:

Did a couple of slightly less spirited squirts, to try and gain his confidence, but i don't think he was was able to relax until we got back, Kiri loved it as usual and couldn't resist winding him up a bit more, (takes after here mother in that respect, who I'm no longer married to i might add!)

Nice post.I remember the look on my eldests face when I turned up in the supra for the first time it changed expression a couple of times,joy,disbelief,astonishment.Apparently I've got to keep it for him till he's older yeh right.

I get the "you're going to give it to me dad aren't you?" "when your too old to drive":(

She didn't like it when i said that it was up for sale;)

Be Glad your Daughter likes it. Mine, who is nearly 16, says "I am embarrassing" and she doesn't like it. Every other Child and Teenager in our Village thinks I am well cool lol and they all would love to be taken for a Trip in it. My Daughter is Weird........ :blink:

Its suprising to most, big car but dont realise how well these old 90's sportscars go, i have a mate with a Evo 6, took him out in mine for the first time the otherday and all i could hear was oh shit with lots of laughter, he then got ot to say your mad but this car is madder lol, make me feel better when i keep spending lots of money to keep it going.

Be Glad your Daughter likes it. Mine, who is nearly 16, says "I am embarrassing" and she doesn't like it. Every other Child and Teenager in our Village thinks I am well cool lol and they all would love to be taken for a Trip in it. My Daughter is Weird........ :blink:

Maybe shes the only gay in the village?:D

The Supra is the only car of mine that my daughter has liked. She once asked for me to drop her off at the front door at work so she could be seen getting out of it by her boss. :)

And Carl is already coveting it when I give it up. Fat chance the way he treats his current one! :(