The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Stock wheel size - 16's?

Homer

Did the Supra ever come with 16x6.5in wheels as standard?

I picked up a set of wheels with very good tyre's for only £40 the other day from a club member but had assumed they were 16x7 like the others. I've never heard of wheels this narrow coming on a supra, could they be from something else?

They 'look' exactly the same as the previous set of 16's I had (16x7 front 16x 8 rear), but look VERY narrow on the car.

They're +50 offset and definetly genuine Toyota wheels. The 225/50 tyre's fitted even look a little bloated on the wheel.

na the mkiii are quite different.

I was of the impression that my 16s were 6.5 off my facelift car. and they looked very narrow.

check out the arch gaps... http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/vbpgimage.php?do=full&p=6038&d=1172428824

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/vbpgimage.php?do=full&p=7757&d=1182887953

i just sold my old set of 16'' wheels that look the same, the guy said he never seen a set like that befor :blink:

The stock wheels that came on mine was 225/50 with 50 offset!

I thought this was a bit small even for a NA! I was wondering whether or not the wrong size tyre was mounted on the rear, should've been 245/50 instead of 225, it even says it should be 225/50 front and 245/50 on the rear near the door latch!

The stock wheels that came on mine was 225/50 with 50 offset! I thought this was a bit small even for a NA! I was wondering whether or not the wrong size tyre was mounted on the rear, should've been 245/50 instead of 225, it even says it should be 225/50 front and 245/50 on the rear near the door latch!

N/A - 16x8 all round with 225

TT - 16x8/16x9 with 225/245