The mkiv Supra Owners Club

anthracite supra

Kirk

I been pondering, does anyone on here have an anthracite coloured supra?? Its a very rare colour, its like a greyey brown color and has grown on me and gone up there with my fav colours for the supra with quicksilver, diamond white, black, and deep jewel green, although i do think it suits wingless supras more but those who dont know what it looks like heres a pic

Edited by Kirk (see edit history)

I been pondering, does anyone on here have an anthracite coloured supra?? Its a very rare colour, its like a greyey brown color and has grown on me and gone up there with my fav colours for the supra with quicksilver, diamond white, black, and deep jewel green, although i do think it suits wingless supras more but those who dont know what it looks like heres a pic

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u17/suprraaaaaa/dsc01902ze6.jpg

Several years ago when I was working at a banks HQ in Leicester, a co-worker had a J-spec NA that was finished in the same colour. Its the only example I have ever seen to date in the flesh in that colour on the roads of the UK.

I have to say, in the summer, all clean and polished, it looked stunning and IMO, deifnately was a colour well suited to the Supra.

it is called metalic silver bronze, ive always known it as anthracite. I seen 1 when i was in the states last year, it was beautiful, definatly a well defined colour for the supra, looks especialy nice on wingless sups with some nice wheels like this 1

its definatly different, grown on me just like deep jewel green has, another colour i think looks well

Edited by Kirk (see edit history)

Toyota called it Anthracite - that IS the right name for it.

It's also referred to as a metallic bronze.

MSB was coined in the USA. MSB = Monkey Sh1t Brown.

I had an Anthracite Supra for my first one and didn't like the Monkey name so made up Moon Stone Brown, which for some bizarre reason stuck for a little while (I actually hoodwinked the community at one point, go me!).

So there you have it...

Anthracite is one of my favourite colours still, but it needs a sunny day to really show it off, something we tend to lack in the UK!

Anthracite is one of my favourite colours still, but it needs a sunny day to really show it off, something we tend to lack in the UK!

totaly agree, you have to see this colour in sunlight to realy appriciate it! :)

totaly agree, you have to see this colour in sunlight to realy appriciate it! :)

yep got mine off ebay from Leicester i think it a lovely colour , when washed and polished its a stunner i like walking from a distant to the car makes me smile:D i get lots stare at it.