The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Torsen diff doesnt fit!

Guest conman

Guest conman

hi guys i bought a torsen diff from a mkiv supra for my soarer only to find out that its too big for my pumpkin!

what all do i need to make it fit? does any one know where or how much it would be and if it would be worth while when i could sell it and get a 2 way for bout 300 more?

Sounds like you've got a TT Supra diff - it might be possible to swap the pinion and ring gears from your old diff (see: http://www.v8soarer.com/diffs/index.shtml) but I've no idea about that apart from what I've read there!

The easier option is to get a diff from an NA Supra. The early ones (pre-facelift?) fit straight in (casing, driveshafts and all). The later ones have different flanges on the driveshafts, but I think you might be able to just swap in your original shafts.

Guest conman

the ring gear from my old diff is too small for the torsen and the torsen unit it self is to large for the housing and the drives dont fit the dif either

i think i will need a bigger housing and drive ends but if i get a bigger housing then i will need shorter drive shafts and then the prop shaft prob wont fit either

does any one know of a fecked Diff lying around northern ireland

or would any one here want a torsen diff?

i'll go and get a few pics of it now so ya can see what i have

i bought a torsen diff recently aswell it was of a tt so when i went to bolt it to the donut on the prop shaft i found the tt flange was bigger but luckily managed to unbolt the flange of my old n/a diff and bolt it onto the torsen diff and job done:d