The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hey all (newbie :) )

icemanv6

Hey all i'm new to the forum, my name's craig and I live in East Yorkshire.

I've have had an interest for buying a supra for 1-2 years now, I've been registered on the forum for a few days now and have been checking out a lot of the threads regarding the N/A and TT variants :)

I'm hopefully going to be going Supra hunting in 2 weeks time (as long as the bank gives me the loan I want next week ;) )

My budget is hopefully going to be 5k (maybe can up this a little more to 5500 (possibly 6k) )

Was hoping people could give me an idea of what sort of mileage/model etc I should be looking at for this kind of money?

Is it realistic of finding a decent TT for this kind of money or not in your oppinions?

If not I would be looking for a decent N/A model with relatively low mileage and a manual, i've read a few threads that there is a few good one's around the 3k-5k mark.

Any help is most appreciated!

Regards :)

Hi and welcome.

1. take you time when car hunting, its easy to loose ones senses, so keep a cool head and be patient. May be worth trying to go to a few dealers who have Supra's in to look at them to get an idea and feel for them.

£5k will get you into twin turbo territory but don't expect all the cars in this price range to be good un's. You will get the odd 1994 J-spec in what appears to be a tidy condition advertised.

As for tips, these cars are seriously expensive to run. Ensure the car has a full service as per the service schedule and not just basic oil and filter changes. The cars are very robust and reliable even compared to many new cars, but its a case of checking everything out carefully.

£5K will get you a Mint N/A without fail. But be very careful looking at Twinnies as at this sort of price guide you get some good ones but some Trashed ones with no love . Try and stay away from Ebay etc and look more on the Forums as they seem to be better looked after and cared for . I saw some "Dogs" over the past 2 months so be careful and when you finally get the one you deserve then Enjoy

Welcome matey :welcome:

Thanks for the sound advice, I've already seen one person advertising on ebay saying he sold some car to 'bla bla' from European Sports Cars...and I remember someone posting on the keyleigh thread here about that name saying that they sold crap cars (think it's in sweeden/denmark).

I've had a look at the FAQ also quite a bit, anything else to be wary when looking at the cars in perticular?

I think i'd prefer a TT if possible however, will let you all know if the bank let's me have the loan or not (although I can't see why they wouldn't).

One last thing, anyone know of any decent dealers/dealerships selling supra's in any parts of yorkshire, and most importantly anyone's to avoid (Read about keighley on multiple forums :) )

Regards