The mkiv Supra Owners Club

noisy engine coming from lifters i think

Guest glen9mullan

Guest glen9mullan

hi drove my car yesterday non turbo supra, drove beautifully, got to my mums and ebgine started making a really loud tapping noise so it sounds like a diesel, checked oil it was low, havent started it since, what has gone??? will putting some oil in quiten the engine, if not and its the lifters what sort of price am i looking at to get it fixed

Guest glen9mullan

im not sure if it works, performance wise the car has been great, i put the little oil in i had in car as car would not idle in park, but would in neutral, after putting the oil in which was about 5 litres it now idles in park

no still talking about engine, it just failed to turn over until oil was put in when it was in park

Failed to turn over?? as in, it wouldn't start or the pistons wouldn't physically move?

If it was just spinning over on the starter, it could possibly be the rings are shot completely now and you have no compression.

Guest glen9mullan

it was like battery was flat!! car starts now but makes tapping noise towards back of engine, it does sound like the lifters