The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Email from Dusty(MVP) about my Turbo

Geo

So i ordered losds of parts from Dusty, and we were just waiting on the Precision T67 arriving before he sent all parts out, i got this email last night.

Hi George,

Precision turbo has arrived.

It's the wrong one! BUT – this is a good thing!

They sent me a PT6765. Very similar to the P-Trim, except this is better and newer.

The 65 is a new technology turbine wheel, Precision tells me it spools very similar to the older P-trim but makes more HP. There is a good thread that discusses the billet PT6765 here:

SupraForum Thread About the Turbo

The turbo you ordered isn't the billet compressor wheel, but does use the same turbine wheel. In my opinion, it's a win-win to use the 65 turbine wheel.

You get a better, newer, more expensive turbo for free. Are you okay with this upgrade?

If not, I will have Precision send the correct one, no problem.

Kind regards,

Dusty

Just need opions guys before i go ahead and say YES.

Cheers

Don't personally know the turbo, however Dusty has been a reliable supplier in the past, so I'd reckon you are okay and he is right.

Yeah mate, i know Dusty has a good Rep, i will prob go ahead with the Turbo, but just wanted some idea's on it, as im not too clued up on the turbo side of things, even more so as its a newer turbo, not alot will have used it.

I have a T67DBB P trim if you want to stick with that and not do any remapping. PM me if you're interested in some sort of trade. I plan to be fitting it in about 5 weeks but otherwise it's sat wrapped up in the box it came in from KylesTT.

Cheers

Dan

I have a T67DBB P trim if you want to stick with that and not do any remapping. PM me if you're interested in some sort of trade. I plan to be fitting it in about 5 weeks but otherwise it's sat wrapped up in the box it came in from KylesTT.

Cheers

Dan

Na its cool mate, gona go with this Turbo, as its been getting a good write up.

Very interested to hear how these Billet wheel PT6765 turbos work out, result i say.

I'll maybe do a Build Thread on it Jamie, as i'll be running pretty much stock engine with 800cc injectors.

Ryan will be doing the mapping for it.