The mkiv Supra Owners Club

A small poll- Your views needed

dude

I am developing a line of products. What do you guys want ie carbon spark plug covers etc, So far i have in mind

Carbon spark plug covers (2 piece)

Carbon fuse covers

carbon timing belt covers

Carbon and F.Glass 2 and 3 guage pillar pods

Carbin style strut brace

Solid engine mounts

Sequential 6 speed shifter

allready can do FMIC covers, rad pipes and de-cats.

What else is going to be popular both on here and E.Bay????

Needs to be stuff that will sell in reasonable numbers.

CF air box

Heat shield - (or these to common already?)

CF Fan shroud ;) after one of these... or i'll end up making my own..

Think the tripple pod holder will be good, i was after one for ages - but had found a different solution for that...

I see you're talking about genuine carbon products, but something I'm looking into is water transfer process carbon fibre for the dash panels.

I reckon if you bought one of the dip machines along with the raw materials for doing it, it would pay for itself from the buyers on this site alone within a few months. ;)

I see you're talking about genuine carbon products, but something I'm looking into is water transfer process carbon fibre for the dash panels.

;) I reckon if you bought one of the dip machines along with the raw materials for doing it, it would pay for itself from the buyers on this site alone within a few months.

Any idea what they cost? (Ballpark)

Where would one get one of these machines?

I reckon there's a good sized market for dipping/recolouring lots of interior bits for other cars. On PH I see all the time folks wanting nasty wood effect interior bits replaced or refinished. It's a very common thing people want on Mercs, Beemers, etc

If Dude's not interested, I might be.

Any idea what they cost? (Ballpark)

Where would one get one of these machines?

I reckon there's a good sized market for dipping/recolouring lots of interior bits for other cars. On PH I see all the time folks wanting nasty wood effect interior bits replaced or refinished. It's a very common thing people want on Mercs, Beemers, etc

If Dude's not interested, I might be.

PM'd ;)

Modellista Designs rear lip spoiler copy. It'd be good if you had it ready for when you sort out my "bodywork issues" in a few months time. ;)

ooooohh i want one of these Top Secret coppys have to be with the vortex generators and center fins too though. ;)

Something like this:

attachment.php?attachmentid=94340&stc=1&d=1244798281

I got the bits to make one myself with a plan to do a mould and sell them on but I lost motivation. Could maybe do a double too if space permits, ideal for people who don't want gauges splattered all over the interior.

I think someone in the US might do one in CF for the Supra but an OEM look one would be nice too IMO.

I'll take 5% for the idea, thanks.

zoom.jpg

Something like this:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=94340&stc=1&d=1244798281

I got the bits to make one myself with a plan to do a mould and sell them on but I lost motivation. Could maybe do a double too if space permits, ideal for people who don't want gauges splattered all over the interior.

I think someone in the US might do one in CF for the Supra but an OEM look one would be nice too IMO.

I'll take 5% for the idea, thanks.

Excellent idea (welcome home) :)

Thanks guys, keep it coming!!! I like the steering surround/pod.

The one pictured is from an RX7, I looked at one years ago and thought it would be a nice thing to have on the MR2 I had at the time, that project never came to anything either. I don't recall seeing one for the MR2 either so that could be a market to tap into if you are out to make some money.

Carbon fan shroud would be a great idea, it's maybe £70-£80 to replace with oem and it's something that always comes up as a 'wanted', should be easy to tempt people into paying a bit extra for a carbon one. If you can undercut current prices for cooling plates/rad covers you could sell lots too, the polished ones always seem to get snapped up quickly when they come up for sale. Sill trims too maybe, or even headlight inserts.

N/A stuff too would be good (cam covers etc), you'll be limiting your market if you only do tt bits.

Good luck with it dude, I think it's something that someone could do well out of if prices were good.

I'd personally like all the plastic interior bits like door pulls and trim surround, glovebox opening bits, centre console box opening bit, vents, etc. That wouldn't be chavvy would it?

:yeahthat: Me too would snap some up!........ not at all chavvy...........but i do own some white trainers and i live in Essex! :blink: