The mkiv Supra Owners Club

went full decat yesterday

w41k3r

After spending yesterday morning under my car on the drive fitting my decats, i see why people would rather send it to a garage than do it them selves especially with about a foot of room to work in.

The 4 manifold bolts were a pain in the arse to get off rest was simple just took my time and all went together well. My systems a 3" cat back i got for £67 brand new from topgear exhausts off an ebay auction, decats £90 2nd hand for them both so for £157 full ss system not bad me thinks.

Reset the ecu and off i went drove round for a bit normal then at night had a good heavy foot session (private road of course) sounds amazing and as my mum said this morning it really growls now love it.

(non turbo by the way)

Edited by w41k3r (see edit history)

good going, and always much better when you've spent the time and done it yourself. admittedly when i had nic's manifold and second decat with my hks rearbox it was just to loud for me, cruising on a dual carriageway at 60 and i really had to wind the radio up.

glad you like it and your neighbours do to ;)

yeah the old guy across from my house come over when i were under the car he were asking what i was doing to it now

(as i like to try d.i.y as much as i can)

so i told him and he goes bloody hell as if its not allready loud enough he was saying at least no one on the street will have to buy an alarm clock with me around, as i work nites and finish at 7 in the morn im there wake up call lol he loves it really i can tell :rolleyes:

erm, well the 02 sensors on an Na plug into the manifold before the de-cats, on a jap TT I believe there is only 1 02 sensor and again thats fitted before the de-cat, on a UK I believe there's a second 02 sensor and you need to buy a uk spec decat pipe that allows fitting of the second 02 sensor. unless you mean the cat temp sensor that attaches under there, in which case that gets tied away.

been full decat for a while now on my n/a much more responsive and a great sound on full chat. BUT it doesnt pass the emissions on MOT.either put the cat back on or get a friendly mot guy

just watched your vid thats way louder than mine what exhaust are you running???????

lol that were my bro driving it as i seem to be the only one who can make a half decent vid also its my street and it carries on still after that he allways does it on my brakes he says there dead sharp no one were around the time we did it hence why i did a quick one there its a 3" exhaust from topgear exhausts its a well worth doing mod no regrets

Edited by w41k3r (see edit history)