The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Loose hose in engine bay help

SupraShaun

Hi all, I was just cleaning the engine bay and came across this loose hose:

http://supra.sh-designs.biz/photo.jpg

Its to the left of the charcoal canister, comes from the direction the arrow is pointing in, then goes up at a right angle. I've had a feel around under the intake manifold but cant find anything that it might plug into.

Should it plug into anything or is it just a breather? Any help would be much appreciated

Shaun :)

Just had a look at my J spec TT. If this pipe is about 9mm bore with two 90 degree bends and is coming from the bulkhead It`s a breather pipe that should point downwards next to the cross member.:D

you mean the one that is located in the middle of the engine compartment and goes through the engine tray.

you mean the one that is located in the middle of the engine compartment and goes through the engine tray.

I know the pipe you mean. The pipe I`ve found exits the bulkhead near the brake pipes and follows the contour of the cross member. This is much further back than the engine tray.

Just had a look at my J spec TT. If this pipe is about 9mm bore with two 90 degree bends and is coming from the bulkhead It`s a breather pipe that should point downwards next to the cross member.:D

Ah ok, thanks. So it looks like mine just needs twisting around as its pointing up at the moment.