The mkiv Supra Owners Club

skyline r32 gtr

scoooby slayer

32 rear with 33 front? 500bhp on stock turbo's.... hum i wouldnt think so. thats a big bhp upgrade from stock.

But im no skyline expert

Don't think it's got an R33 front mate, just aftermarket lights, he's also removed the ambers too.

I've always had a soft spot for the R32's, wouldn't have one over a Supra though, though perhaps you're asking on the wrong forum as I dare say we're probably a little biased ;)

Isn't that still a bit cheap for a "500bhp" one though (if it isn't a dog that is)?

Yes. There's several tuned R32 GTR's on the oc at the moment ranging from around £9-15K for that sort of bhp. And they don't have completely standard looking engine bays.

you dont know there stock turbos or not. i dont but doesnt come on boost til 4k revs ?

Thats the thing. As little as i know about skylines. I would imagine if its running 500bhp. the engine bay wouldnt look like that :)

Show me a dyno sheet and ill eat my words.

After looking arorund apparently some aftermarket turbos will get up high into the 400's. If i was considdering buying it id want to know what was on the car :p

Edited by Guigsy (see edit history)

I would imagine if its running 500bhp. the engine bay wouldnt look like that :)

That's what I was thinking :)

I know that some that are totally stock have been dyno'd and showing about 350bhp without anything done (just the way it's happened) but another 150bhp is a bit much especially with it looking in that guise :p

Thats the thing. As little as i know about skylines. I would imagine if its running 500bhp. the engine bay wouldnt look like that :)

Show me a dyno sheet and ill eat my words.

After looking arorund apparently some aftermarket turbos will get up high into the 400's. If i was considdering buying it id want to know what was on the car :p

il have to try and find out i think. just dont want to miss a bargain does seem pretty quick. not 500 bhp but defo 400 it felt like.

500BHP on std turbos:rlol: R32 tubies are ceramic just like the J spec, you can get around 400BHP from steal turbines and more boost, but after that you need bigger ones,

The rattle at 3K can be the first sign of big end wear, R32 for 4.5K run away.

what is it with you guys :rolleyes: i have said dont think it is 500 bhp but its not impossible on a tt setup.

doesnt come on boost til 4k revs so something isnt standard. ive driven a standard r33 before and didnt come on boost nowhere near as hard.

i'm looking at r32's at the moment and i'd walk away if i were you. even the gtr forum discusses (when theres more than 3 members online...quite rare lol) that standard turbos will get you the high 300's, possibly 400bhp, but only with loads of other mods and a very watchful eye on the temp gauge. 4.5k would get you a nice gts etc, but i wouldn't touch a gtr for less than 6k. would make a good project maybe :)

i'm looking at r32's at the moment and i'd walk away if i were you. even the gtr forum discusses (when theres more than 3 members online...quite rare lol) that standard turbos will get you the high 300's, possibly 400bhp, but only with loads of other mods and a very watchful eye on the temp gauge. 4.5k would get you a nice gts etc, but i wouldn't touch a gtr for less than 6k. would make a good project maybe :)

i dont think the turbos are standard. i drove a standard r33 and the r32 comes on boost later but much harder. gonna have a more in depth look at it tmrw.

what is it with you guys :rolleyes: i have said dont think it is 500 bhp but its not impossible on a tt setup.

doesnt come on boost til 4k revs so something isnt standard. ive driven a standard r33 before and didnt come on boost nowhere near as hard.

Take my advice, the guys posting in the thread know a hell of a lot. They are warning you away for a reason. You either heed their advice or not and I know what I would do.

P.s. I think the guy should try harder with his pictures :)

There are quite a few upgraded turbos that are almost straight swap in the R32 for the std so the power is possible and unless your clued up you'll never know I'd be far more worried about the rattle in the engine. GTR engines are expensive to rebuild. I'd wait for a better example as it is a buyers market. Either that or offer him £3.5k