The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Wheel rubbing issues

adi2009

I ve just got these wheels and the size is:

11x18 Rear (295/30/18)

9.5x18 Front (265/35/18)

These wheels were supposed to be a Toyota Supra fit and the tyre size was recommended by the manufacturer of the wheels.

The rear rubs the fender lip a little but I am going to have the fender lip rolled so that should be fine. However the front wheels seem to be rubbing the plastic inner covers when going over a bump or medium fast cornering. Is there anything I can do about the fronts???

Any advice would be great, Cheers

adi

IMG00102-20090514-1400.jpg

Where about's does it rub? on the inside or the top part of the liner ?

If it was the inside you could maybe get away with a slim spacer provided it didnt rub too much and dosn't cause the wheel to stick out form under the arch.

If its the top / top inside of the arch, like others have said slimmer width tyres / tyres with a sidewall that is slightly sloped. Different brand tyres have different side wall profiles. The Falkens tend to have the sloping inward outer wall to them, so this could help you gain vital mm's of clearance.