The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Exporting to the USA

supradibbs

Am thinking off selling up and moving to the states, the great thing about my job is i cn live any where and the company will fly me into Europe, so am thinking off selling the house here and buying land prbably in south carolina and building a lovely house buy a lake and off course a triple garage for the supra:d

How easy is it to export to the states and cost involved and the legeal side off things

A mate of mine sold his skyline to a guy from the US he had to have the engine removed from the car here and shipped over separately from the car, something about the car having to be built there for it to be registered.

Really strange stuff but its true.

Stick it in your freight 747 and fly it over yourself, sorted :)

You joke but i may end up doing that if i can do it as the company has let me ship stuff like motor bikes etc we often have empty freighters going back i will just get it on a pallet then ship it

I could tell them that its just a shell no engine and move the engine seperate

You can get an import in to Canada quite easily from what I can gather.

But I think the import restrictions for the US preclude imports going there.

Supramemole is in the US with a right hand drive supra, so he may know how to get one in.