The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Eyes for a supra - noob help plz

C_Strike

Hi all, this might be a bit of a nieve question, but meh, noob law or something i would imagine

Im soon to be coming into a reasonable sum of money, iv been loking to get a supra IF i can afford a decent one.

Im just wondering if i would be able to find a decent Supra mk4 TT/STfor £5000 or so.

Is this a bit too optimistic?

I would be wanting the 320bhp export model ideally... again, a nice, subtle bodykit would be nice:P lol

bare with me as im pretty useless with cars, so im sure im probably way off with my dreaming. lol

Im jsut trying to work out where i stand with supras, or whether i should look for 300zx/ gtos or something for my budget.

Tbh, im after performance

No really a fan of the GTO's, the 300zx TT is a nice bruiser but your money would be safer with a Supra as the 300zx's will have been owned by people who can't afford to run them, so finding a nice one will be hard.

£5K is considered the starting price for twin turbo supra territory and you should be able to pick something thats clean and reliable up for around £5-5.5K. However forget about single turb's cars for £5k, those tend to fetch twice that.

Also take a look on the classifieds on this website, you may see that suits you. I searched all the adverts/sites (autotrader, piston heads and after 1 year of hunting got my car from a fellow member on this website).

Edited by DSK (see edit history)

No really a fan of the GTO's, the 300zx TT is a nice bruiser but your money would be safer with a Supra as the 300zx's will have been owned by people who can't afford to run them, so finding a nice one will be hard.

£5K is considered the starting price for twin turbo supra territory and you should be able to pick something thats clean and reliable up for around £5-5.5K. However forget about single turb's cars for £5k, those tend to fetch twice that.

Also take a look on the classifieds on this website, you may see that suits you. I searched all the adverts/sites (autotrader, piston heads and after 1 year of hunting got my car from a fellow member on this website).

Awesome, thanks for that, i will keep my eyes peeled.

The thing is, the GTO is an good optiopn purely because i know of a good one for sale near me for only 2.4k, i cant remember the mileage but its definately somethign under 90k, cam was also changed only 2000miles ago, the thing for me is that i prefer the supra, its just for my budget, finding a good specimen.

i have a fw months so will defiantely be reading much more about supras firstly

The thing is, the GTO is an good optiopn purely because i know of a good one for sale near me for only 2.4k,

They are cheap for a reason.;) Most of us have looked at gto. 300zx and rx7s

GTO isnt great when it comes to being reliable

300zx looks like something from the 80s (coz it is)

Rx7 Engine rebuild (shame as i would love one)

Supra is the winner.

Welcome! More importantly can you afford to run a supra? I have spent well over 5k in the last year and thats just to bring it up to spec and doesn't include petrol and insurance.....

BTW good luck!!

This sentiment is worth taking into account - Supras are not cheap cars to run. Don't get me wrong, I love every debt-inducing moment of ownership, but it's one to consider... Hello, by the way!

This sentiment is worth taking into account - Supras are not cheap cars to run. Don't get me wrong, I love every debt-inducing moment of ownership, but it's one to consider... Hello, by the way!

you can say that. but its only the servicing that hurts. depends how far you travel in it. It doesnt cripple your wallet because things brake all the time if you know what i mean.

For £5K you will be very lucky to pick up a mint car, if it is a good one expect some competition for it. Otherwise prepare for some extra expenditure to get it how you want it. Check insurance costs as these vary wildly from driver to driver and model and area.

For £5K you will be very lucky to pick up a mint car, if it is a good one expect some competition for it. Otherwise prepare for some extra expenditure to get it how you want it. Check insurance costs as these vary wildly from driver to driver and model and area.

lol yeh, dont i know!

Nearer the time il re-confirm the insurance quote, but wiht placing my mother as a named driver, its actually reduced the insurance to about £1000, which is rediculous.. Im 23 with 2y NC, 2y driving experience, so aslong as they dont take the piss, i can deal with a little more on the insurance side of things (mad!)

Im currently driving my Mr2 NA JDM with tuning done and insurance is currently £1200...beleive it or not, its gone up from last year... work that out:(

¬.¬ so am changin insurers as soon as it runs out.

My car certainly isnt the most fuel efficient car atm, i recon 25mpg being kind to the 2:/

Meh, im not fussed about the expense, the timing for me is ideal.

I have no true responsibilties, i have no kids or mortgage, and i cant see it being practical to have a supra when i do... though owning one will happily delay both, lol.. car 1st! priorities!

Its possibly my favorite car going, its bloody beautiful! cant think of anything nicer than a pretty supra, so i really think i could do with speaking to an owner, and listening to what they have to say:)

BTW...

Any supra owners venture into the depth that is Chippenham?? (right by Castle combe circuit, 2miles or so)

I could really do with some entrepid Supra owner that fancies showing off their Supra to a prospective new owner:innocent: