Scott

What dates do you fancy  

7 members have voted

1. 1. What dates do you fancy

• 24th/25th July
    • 31st/1st July/August
    • Later in August
    • I'm easy, any of the above is fine.

Anyone fancy a camping trip in the next month or so?

Looking to make it 2 nights....

Friday, meet up around the Glasgow area about 10/11am. Take a relaxed drive to Invarary stopping along at the rest to be thankful for pics and food. Once there get some more pics and go for a walk around the town either together or meeting up at the pub later for some pub grub. After dinner head back down towards loch lomond and set up camp for the night. Camp fire, tents, booze and music.

Saturday, get up and once feeling OK head into the nearest town for some more supplies, get a wash etc. I think we went to somerfield the last time i was there. I dare say there are more options now as it was over 10 years ago. Head back, hopefully get a tan and then start the festivities all over again.

I have a 12 man tent and i dare say lots of people will have access to tents so don't worry if you don't have one.

I'm thinking instant disposable BBQ's, good food, lots of alcohol sitting in the loch to chill, lots of banter and a good mix of music through the night. The Saturday will obviously be optional and will greatly depend on the weather.

The more the merrier :D

Oh, my mate will be taking his van with him so we have plenty of storage space and loads of space for carryout's etc.

This is the tent i just got.

http://www.argos.co.uk/wcsstore/argos/images/3409244A63UC135032X.jpg

Edited by Scott (see edit history)

No worries bud. We have been planning going camping for a while, thought it might be a nice idea to make a "convoy" of it :D

I've also put the info on the Dat-International forum so there could be quite a mix of cars going.

I'm hoping that anyone interested will be able to make it along to the dat-inter meet in the next couple of weeks so that we can all have a chat and share ideas etc etc.

I'd be up for this, even though i don't know anyone personally, will take the brokeback mountain comments in jest! Best mates getting married weekend of the 24th July and i'm away on the 6th with the missus for a week but besides that should be fine.

Thats a great idea scott but the missus is due to drop a wean shortly so i will have to pass:(

Good luck with it though:)

:yeahthat:

My wife is due on 3rd of August or we would both be up for this!

When is yours due?

Scott

We go camping at a wee place called Strathfillan Holiday camp http://www.wigwamholidays.com/index.php?q=node%2F21

Great camp field and also has Wigwam's for people not wanting to sleep rough. Its just outside Crainlarich, there are truck wheels so we could have a fire as its illegal to light fires in Scotland due to the abundance of peat (unless its contained). We usually just buy the beer, sit under a gazebo and get pissed.

They have a shower block and a food area where everyone can cook their dinner and breakfasts.

Franko

Ok, its going to be just the 1 night. Looking to get a concrete date set for this so just stick your name under the date you are able to go on. If you can make either then please add your name to both so that we can choose the most popular date. We have a 12 man tent with 3 rooms and 2 are available to anyone who needs it so don't worry about tents etc.

Plan is unchanged, meet around glasgow to head off at 9/10am, head towards Invarary with a couple of stops for grub, pics, chatter etc, get into Invarary see the sites and get some pub lunch, head back to pitch the tents, get the fire going and get the BBQ's, music and booze out. So....

1st August

1. Scott (3 room tent with 2 rooms available)

15th August

1. Scott (3 room tent with 2 rooms available)

I've been invited over by one of my old uni pals to Northern Ireland from the 12th - 15th July. Penny didn't drop till after i booked the flights why he was holidaying and partying around those dates.....wee bit apprehensive to be honest.

Anyways the weekend of the 15th would be ideal for me, working the weekend of the 1st though.

Edited by clarky666 (see edit history)

• 5 weeks later...

Ooops yeah sorry lol.

Its going ahead on the 15th of august. Its just going to be the one night. Heading up to invarary for lunch then back down to loch lomond to camp.

The wife and i are going to take a trip up to loch lomond to find a few options for camping.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok finally got off my arse and found the PERFECT camping spot. We have a massive carpark with plenty of little area's to camp in. Its RIGHT on the loch and the views are tremendous. The drive is just over an hour so heres the plan....

Meet at Drivers leaving SHARP at 9.30am. Drive to the location, pitch the tents and chill out for a bit. Drive 2 miles to the hotel up the road for lunch and a bleather, head back to the campsite and get the alcohol flowing.

We have 2 stoves that we will be bringing with us along with PLENTY of gas so don't be afraid to bring what you like to eat. If someone would bring some disposable BBQ's then that would finish it all off nicely.

The drive is absolutely fine for low & modified cars, the only concern is the entrance to the carpark as there is a large pothole at it.... but it is avoidable with a bit of care.

Looking for definite names now so get back to me as soon as you can. Its 1 week on saturday, 15th of August, and we will be leaving from Drivers. I took a couple of pics but i don't want to ruin the surprise, oh... and we have a small beach area

So... names and cars please

Scott & Chazza - Supra

Tracey & Crawf - Van

Scott & Chazza -Supra

Tracey & Crawf - Van

Caroline - MR2

Elliot - Van or Car, not sure yet

Chris - Golupra

No other takers? The place is absolutely perfect. Chris is taking the 3rd room of the tent but there is plenty of room for sharing etc.

Really looking forward to this now, fingers crossed for the weather. As long as its dry i'm happy.